Free agents signings your team made years ago that you laugh at now.

TecmoSuperJoe

45 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Jonas Jennings and Nate Clements lol. Jennings was always hurt to the point that his toughness was questioned. Clements never lived up to the contract he signed, which was at the time the largest for any defensive player in NFL history. 

That's what you get for taking from the Bills! 

22 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

We gave Derrick Dockery the largest contract in NFL history for an offensive guard and he was so god awful we cut him with money left over two years into a 7 year contract.

And he wasn't even the worst guard we signed that year.

Yup. First guy I thought of too.

Also:

OL Langston Walker
DE Mark Anderson
LB Kawika Mitchell
TE Tony Moeaki 

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

LeCharles Bentley, although I'm still not ready or willing to laugh about it. Awful.

Same fa class, Ted Washington, who was the one qho wrecked bentleys knee in practice, biggest play he made for the browns, did not do anything after that. 

4 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Well, I mean, our 2008 free agent class was headlined by Jerry Porter and Drayton Florence. soo

This was supposed to make us a Super Bowl contender too. Great stuff.

Aaron Kampman got a pretty big deal from us in 2010, played 11 games over 2 years before being cut.

2012 saw us nab Laurent Robinson, Aaron Ross and Lee Evans. Ross would go on to talk about how his year in Jacksonville was a vacation for him. Robinson would get a concussion from running into a wall during practice, and Evans was cut before the season started.

2013 we got Geno Hayes, Justin Forsett, Alan Ball (who was somehow decent for most of the season), and Winston Guy. I remember the ridiculous hype for Guy, only to see him cut very quickly for being quite possibly the worst Safety in team history - which is saying something.

In 2014, we built Seattle Southeast by bringing in Red Bryant and Chris Clemons, who were going to transform our defense for a few years. Bryant lasted one year, Clemons was here for 2. We also hit it out the park with Zane Beadles and Toby Gerhart, who were going to bring the offensive side of Seattle here. Dakota Watson was going to transform our LB group as he became an OTTO.

2015, Sergio Brown and Davon House were supposed to solidify our secondary while Dan Skuta was the perfect OTTO this time, I swear. Julius Thomas was going to be a game changing TE for our offense. 

2016? Chris Ivory was going to be our power back this time. And Prince Amukamara was decent for part of the year after we brought him in, so it totally made more sense to keep him than bring in AJ Bouye, I was told.

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Adalius Thomas.

That's a good one. I remember the absurd hype for the signing, the Brinks truck comment, and then they played him as a backup ILB the first year. He did do pretty well the second year before he got injured, iirc. Went wildly downhill after that though.

Archived