Around the NFL - Week 6 - Philly wants your RB

WizardHawk

Hey everyone thinks a franchise QB is the end all just trade Elliot for Fowles he just won the super bowl right and it doesn’t really matter who you have around you if your a super bowl winging QB.  Then we resign Dez and instant super bowl winning team

7 hours ago, quiller said:

Hey everyone thinks a franchise QB is the end all just trade Elliot for Fowles he just won the super bowl right and it doesn’t really matter who you have around you if your a super bowl winning QBy.  Then we resign Dez and instant super bowl winning team

It is funny how Philly got rid of Foles who was a disappointment (under a different coach) yet comes back and wins a SB with that team as an after thought (after Wentz injury) with a different coach. Yeah coaching doesn't matter. Rolling Eyes

19 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I guess the 4 Dak INTs don't count since a DB caught it after it bounced of our WRs hands. 

I'm not sure where you and @Matts4313 are getting this.

I agree with you on 2 of them. The Tavon Austin INT Sunday night for sure. Even though some are saying it was so high he could barely get a finger on it. BS. It wasn't that high, and he got enough fingers on it to stop it's path and send it straight up in the air. That was a drop.

The Michael Gallup one against the Seahawks, that ET pinned against his ankle, was definitely not Daks fault. To me it looked like a catch and fumble. He caught it then took a step and the DB punched it out. More like a fumble. But ET barely caught it and they called it a pick.

The other two INTs were not drops. At all.

They were throws into tight coverage, that in fact saw a defender deflect the ball before it even got to the intended WR. Against the Seahawks for ETs 2nd INT Dak trys to force it to Jarwin who the announcers remark has to play defense against Bobby Wagner who was in better position.

Then on Sunday Jonathan Joseph was in super tight coverage on a comeback route and Dak threw it anyway. It was Joseph's hand that popped it up for the safety ...not the WRs. 

I know you guys love Dak but be honest with yourselves. You can't just rule every INT a drop or bad route because you want Dak to be great.

4 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I think when we look back, the decision not to go for it on 4th down will be what ultimately fired Redball & co.

I do wonder if they do fire JG that Stephen and Jerry just go ahead and promote Richards to HC and let him bring in a OC he is comfortable with. Our defense is by far our biggest strength right now. So having a OC brought in that can just maximize on the talent already here while drafting 1 or 2 WR and a TE would go a long way with bringing this team as close to complete as we have had in a long time.

Actually. I wonder if Stephen had actually planned this ahead and made a deal with Richards to be brought in on that kind of promise. Cause really he is a bit too talented to be brought in as a simple DB coach when really he should be DC someplace right now.

13 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I do wonder if they do fire JG that Stephen and Jerry just go ahead and promote Richards to HC and let him bring in a OC he is comfortable with. Our defense is by far our biggest strength right now. So having a OC brought in that can just maximize on the talent already here while drafting 1 or 2 WR and a TE would go a long way with bringing this team as close to complete as we have had in a long time.

Actually. I wonder if Stephen had actually planned this ahead and made a deal with Richards to be brought in on that kind of promise. Cause really he is a bit too talented to be brought in as a simple DB coach when really he should be DC someplace right now.

I am okay with doing that.   But I’ve got to say that yards before contact is very misleading I would love if that was broken down to say rushes less then 2 yards  in my mind we have a lot of rushes this year where we ran it with Elliot in passing downs where yes he wasn’t touched for 5-7 yards.  But I hardly remember 1 short yard rush attempt this year where he wasn’t contacted by the line of scrimmage 

and DaBoys I for sure am not making Dak out to be great but he is normally very safe and in some ways too safe with the ball that I feel is one reason he struggles in the pocket and dealing with the rush not willing to chance it and doesn’t see that the reciever is open unless their is separation. I am on the fence on the Gallop play I personally feel the pass was okay and that Gallup should have done a better job with coming to the ball and making a hands catch I also feel the DB hit Gallup in the back before the ball got there which disrupted Gallup’s attempt to catch the ball.  While the Austin pass was a drop that pass definitely could have been thrown better for sure 

and personally I haven’t seen a ton of drops what I have seen is very little early separation on routes and what I would call poorly designed route trees that do not give Dak easier options to throw the ball.   

Going forward we really need to fix the pass blocking to allow Swain to run more routes in the Witten mold and I really think two back sets with both Smith and Elliot would help as Elliot just draws too much attention so at times he is a poor option for the drop off pass    I also would love to see more routes like the one to Rico why they never went back to that is a puzzle. But our coordinators it seems are good at that never it seems repeating pass plays that work.  I know I would motion Rico on Smith side when he was against Clooney let Rico get in a chip to stop the quick move to the outside then run Rico up the seem. That would sure have made Texas think and adjust maybe opening up more space for Beasley and open up the right side for Dak with maybe Swain helping on Watt.  Another reason why Witten is missed as now we don’t have good two TE sets for the play action on first down 

5 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I think when we look back, the decision not to go for it on 4th down will be what ultimately fired Redball & co.

To me it'll always be the Atlanta game, even if the firing won't end up coming until 12-14 months later

20 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I'm not sure where you and @Matts4313 are getting this.

I agree with you on 2 of them. The Tavon Austin INT Sunday night for sure. Even though some are saying it was so high he could barely get a finger on it. BS. It wasn't that high, and he got enough fingers on it to stop it's path and send it straight up in the air. That was a drop.

The Michael Gallup one against the Seahawks, that ET pinned against his ankle, was definitely not Daks fault. To me it looked like a catch and fumble. He caught it then took a step and the DB punched it out. More like a fumble. But ET barely caught it and they called it a pick.

The other two INTs were not drops. At all.

They were throws into tight coverage, that in fact saw a defender deflect the ball before it even got to the intended WR. Against the Seahawks for ETs 2nd INT Dak trys to force it to Jarwin who the announcers remark has to play defense against Bobby Wagner who was in better position.

Then on Sunday Jonathan Joseph was in super tight coverage on a comeback route and Dak threw it anyway. It was Joseph's hand that popped it up for the safety ...not the WRs. 

I know you guys love Dak but be honest with yourselves. You can't just rule every INT a drop or bad route because you want Dak to be great.

well technically I want all our players to be great. ;)

Archived