LAC owner Alex Spanos has passed away

Elky

6 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

RIP.  Too bad he had to see it end like this for the Chargers

I'm not going to disparage the dead, but let's face it, that family brought that outcome on themselves.  There should be ZERO sympathy for the family in terms of the Chargers having to move.   They did that all on their own.  My sympathies go to the family for losing a loved one.  That's where the sympathy starts, and ends. 

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I'm not going to disparage the dead, but let's face it, that family brought that outcome on themselves.  There should be ZERO sympathy for the family in terms of the Chargers having to move.   They did that all on their own.  My sympathies go to the family for losing a loved one.  That's where the sympathy starts, and ends. 

I personally think that Dean was more responsible for the move than Alex.  I hated the move too, but I do think that the city of San Diego was given a lot of chances over a 15 year period to keep the Chargers as well.  By the end of this process though, I think the family already had their mind made up and werent willing to listen to any other possibilities

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

I personally think that Dean was more responsible for the move than Alex.  I hated the move too, but I do think that the city of San Diego was given a lot of chances over a 15 year period to keep the Chargers as well.  By the end of this process though, I think the family already had their mind made up and werent willing to listen to any other possibilities

Well if you mean Dean is evil incarnate, and then Alex had little to do with it, I'm with you there.

23 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

There were no other possibilities. 

San Diego was lucky that the Spanos family isn't loaded. A richer owner would have moved the franchise years ago. 

Archived