Marpet 6 years 55 million 27 guaranteed

REDandPEWTER

good for Ali to get paid now.  Not bad for a guy from Div II.  Interesting to see who else gets signed before the season ends.  If the organization continues to extend guys this year, I think it is a strong sign the talent is there in their eyes.  Coach 'em up fellas.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

good for Ali to get paid now.  Not bad for a guy from Div II.  Interesting to see who else gets signed before the season ends.  If the organization continues to extend guys this year, I think it is a strong sign the talent is there in their eyes.  Coach 'em up fellas.

Don Smith is next. Alexander should be let go.

26 minutes ago, indifference said:

I could be way off base, but I don't think they walk away from Kwon.  I believe in 2 years they 'll move Kwon to WLB, and Beckwith to MLB.    If they change to a 3-4 then I think Kwon could be in trouble.  So in a round about way, I 'll get back to when I know who is the DC for the start of next season.  ?

47 minutes ago, indifference said:

It might make the most sense to franchise D Smith until contracts like JPP's are done. Unless we wanna backload his contract with a signing bonus. We'll only have ~$21M in cap space next season, with 13 open roster spots.

I agree with you about Kwon. But like @ravishingone said, I doubt it happens.

47 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I could be way off base, but I don't think they walk away from Kwon.  I believe in 2 years they 'll move Kwon to WLB, and Beckwith to MLB.    If they change to a 3-4 then I think Kwon could be in trouble.  So in a round about way, I 'll get back to when I know who is the DC for the start of next season.  ?

Neither player has the capacity to play in coverage. I’m praying we get a new DC and guts the biggest problem. Kwon

The middle of the field is his area of respsonibility and he is literally toast. I just cant get my head around why we trot him out there in passing downs. Worst LB coverage since entering the league. Hint: Bucs have been one of the worst pass D 

32 minutes ago, indifference said:

Neither player has the capacity to play in coverage. I’m praying we get a new DC and guts the biggest problem. Kwon

The middle of the field is his area of respsonibility and he is literally toast. I just cant get my head around why we trot him out there in passing downs. Worst LB coverage since entering the league. Hint: Bucs have been one of the worst pass D 

But we 're back to the chicken or egg argument.  Yes, worst defense, what responsibility is on players and/or coaches?   David and Kwon are pretty good blitzers, who have a tendency to create fumbles, yet how many times is either one blitzed in a game.  I don't have any concrete answers, but if the organization continues to sign Licht draft picks to second contracts then we can assume the coaching is in question.  We can all agree the Glazers are signing off on these individual extensions.  

I do think Don Smith gets done next.  He s still very young and he is incredibly durable.  The cap is going to go up at least another 8 million next season,  sign him now because if he is franchised next season and plays well, the team will be on the hook for 3 years of guaranteed money.  

Archived