The Overrated, Irrelevant Measurement

LETSGOBROWNIES

29 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

He said it's not ___ if it's two male nurses but that you were the Cathy. I don't know where his claiming to be a power top comes in, but I have no medical background so won't pretend to understand your world.

Kiwi is the top? Maybe in Australia where everything is upside down...

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That they are, gamers, every one of them.

This is where the meathead does well.  He seems to identify those dudes who love the game and love competing really well.

His picks have been boom and bust. 

Ward, Baker boom.

Chad Thomas bust.

The middling pick is Corbett, maybe Callaway, I think he will turn it around.

If every year we draft 1-2 impact players at the top of the draft and 1-2 at the bottom I am in on Dorsey. 

QB Height is very important in my opinion.

Brady is pretty much elite in every aspect of quarterbacking but it’s his height that often isn’t spoken about I think. The sheer number of passes he is able to complete from within the pocket when the rush comes around him and he steps up into it is hugely helped by the size of the guy. You see him standing in there taller than everyone else and able to see and deliver. It’s absolutely a positive factor.

That being said, if you can play, you can play.

But I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the GOAT QB is pushing 6’5.

16 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Chad Thomas bust.

The middling pick is Corbett, maybe Callaway, I think he will turn it around.

...don't you think it's way too early for this? I didn't like any of those picks except the Callaway pick, but you're giving up on these guys way too quickly.

5 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

QB Height is very important in my opinion.

Brady is pretty much elite in every aspect of quarterbacking but it’s his height that often isn’t spoken about I think. The sheer number of passes he is able to complete from within the pocket when the rush comes around him and he steps up into it is hugely helped by the size of the guy. You see him standing in there taller than everyone else and able to see and deliver. It’s absolutely a positive factor.

That being said, if you can play, you can play.

But I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the GOAT QB is pushing 6’5.

I dunno, Young, Montana, Rodgers and Favre are all 6'2. Elway and Marino were 6'3. Unitias and Brees under 6'2. Manning is 6'5. Brady is the only top QB listed at 6'4 so it looks more like a coincidence than anything else just looking at the numbers. 6'2 appears to be the ideal height for an all time great QBs.

The hard part is, we don't know if there is a correlation or a causation for the QB and height argument. The sample size is so small (no pun intended) for QB's 6'7 and taller or under 6'2 (who were actually drafted high, not mid round flier types) that it makes it nearly impossible to gauge. As someone else pointed out, I'd rather have height in a vacuum assuming everything else is equal. If Baker were 6'4, I think we'd all prefer that. The same would go for about any other position. 

Being short doesn't make you a bad prospect/football player, but it is something that is used against you, very similar to guys who have great film but struggle in a particular area during the combine. If you have elite measurables and elite film, that's obviously better. That said, plenty of guys are breaking the norm/status quo. Pat Mahomes and Goff came from an Air Raid system. Trubisky was a 1 year starter. I think that traditional scouting is going to evolve and start to go by the wayside on some of these things going forward. 

46 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I dunno, Young, Montana, Rodgers and Favre are all 6'2. Elway and Marino were 6'3. Unitias and Brees under 6'2. Manning is 6'5. Brady is the only top QB listed at 6'4 so it looks more like a coincidence than anything else just looking at the numbers. 6'2 appears to be the ideal height for an all time great QBs.

6’2 is fine. I consider that tall.

Archived