Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs. San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

20 minutes ago, N4L said:

Soooo I just read that Rodgers 'had a setback' with his knee ... Not that it matters that much with our pass rush, but if buckner and the boys need to get pressure up the middle and make him move his feet.. 

Maybe.... Juuuusst maybe... ANY GIVEN MONDAY

Rodgers doesn't need any knees against us ;)

PFF rankings for QBs heading into week 6. CJ comes in at 23rd.

23. C.J. BEATHARD, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

PFF Overall Grade: 67.8

Thrown into the fire following a season-ending injury to Jimmy Garoppolo, Beathard has been solid in two games as a starter with a 67.8 grade that improves on the 59.5 grade he earned in 2017 as a rookie. However, there’s no question the 49ers’ offense has been limited with him at the helm. Beathard has the lowest average time to throw (2.30 seconds), is targeting receivers more than a full yard closer to the line of scrimmage than any other qualifying passer (6.1 yards) and outside of a long touchdown throw to a wide open George Kittle, the deep passing game has been basically non-existent.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-starting-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl-through-week-5

1 hour ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Are you wanting us to win FB games?

I don't know what you mean by "FB games" but yes, I want us to win the games we play in primetime against teams that I dislike. 

It's week 6. The schedule softens up a little bit after these next two weeks. I at least want the team to look like they are moving in the right direction

Just now, Forge said:

Mariota is not good

Horrible pocket presence. I think he broke last year. Looked good his sophmore year, but he has not been good. He's missing guys wide open, bailing out too soon. Timing been completely off. 

Reasons why we lose:

Can't get pressure on Rodgers, or he buys time in the pocket. 

Can't keep WRs in front of us and allow chunk plays down the field 

Poor tackling 

Can't run the ball. No breida means no outside zone play 

None of our WRs uncover on routes/dropped passes 

Turnovers 

Reasons why we win: 

Rodgers isn't mobile and we get interior pressure in his face. If he can't move very well then I want Buckner and armstead to get their hands up and tip some passes at an absolute minimum. 

The zone blitzes we run actually generate pressure and we get defenders dropping underneath routes and into throwing lanes. Also it would be nice if the secondary can understand that with a blitz and a non-mobile QB that the ball will come out and adjust their coverage accordingly. 

CJ beathard has the game of his life on MNF when he's back in the Midwest, not that far away from where he went to college 

We win the turnover battle 

RUBEN FOSTER

We score as time expires and leave no time for Rodgers 

10 hours ago, N4L said:

Reasons why we lose:

Can't get pressure on Rodgers, or he buys time in the pocket. 

Can't keep WRs in front of us and allow chunk plays down the field 

Poor tackling 

Can't run the ball. No breida means no outside zone play 

None of our WRs uncover on routes/dropped passes 

Turnovers 

Reasons why we win: 

Rodgers isn't mobile and we get interior pressure in his face. If he can't move very well then I want Buckner and armstead to get their hands up and tip some passes at an absolute minimum. 

The zone blitzes we run actually generate pressure and we get defenders dropping underneath routes and into throwing lanes. Also it would be nice if the secondary can understand that with a blitz and a non-mobile QB that the ball will come out and adjust their coverage accordingly. 

CJ beathard has the game of his life on MNF when he's back in the Midwest, not that far away from where he went to college 

We win the turnover battle 

RUBEN FOSTER

We score as time expires and leave no time for Rodgers 

Tbh the only way we win is if Rodgers some how gets injured and kizer comes in to play. 

Breida is going to be a go then? My goodness, this guy continues to be iffy every game only to end up playing. But without rest those injuries aren't going to heal themselves. Our season is done, might as well rest up to prevent further injuring himself. 

Archived