Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs. San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Watched the Kirk TD again and I'm baffled even more at what Colbert was doing on that play. Like he actually had inside track on picking that ball off had he not for some reason left his responsibility. Killer mistake. 

According to him, he saw Fitz cutting underneath over the middle and was sure the ball was going there, so he was stepping down to make that play. Brutal, undisciplined play in a zone defense. Simply can't do that kind of freelancing

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

According to him, he saw Fitz cutting underneath over the middle and was sure the ball was going there, so he was stepping down to make that play. Brutal, undisciplined play in a zone defense. Simply can't do that kind of freelancing

But if you look at Fitzgerald, he is DRAPED by two defenders. What exactly was he going to do there? In this defense, you can't just abandon your responsibility like that. Again, he is a young raw player so he should get time, but can't be doing that.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Makes sense, it was the only Baalke draft worth a damn lol. 

Yeah with a guy like Person to me it is like if he is your best player on the O-line you are in a bad spot. If he is your 3rd best you can use some improvement. If he is your 5th best you have a great line. He just is that average guy that knows what he is doing and doesn't do much wrong or make mental misstakes which is why he is a great guy to have coupled with his versatility. 

9 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Yeah with a guy like Person to me it is like if he is your best player on the O-line you are in a bad spot. If he is your 3rd best you can use some improvement. If he is your 5th best you have a great line. He just is that average guy that knows what he is doing and doesn't do much wrong or make mental misstakes which is why he is a great guy to have coupled with his versatility. 

He's the definition of a JAG (just a guy). Which gives me the giggles as his name is literally 'person'.. he's literally just a person. Not a great person, not a bad person, just a regular ol' person .. lol 

This is Ruben Foster's first primetime game in the NFL if I am not mistaken. His ankle was sprained early last year and he missed the TNF game week three against the Rams. I think that was our only primetime game all year. Not that it means anything, but he really is the best player on our defense. Seemed worth mentioning. 

The defense did show some signs of life last week. The tackling etc was much improved.

This young defense will undoubtedly get schooled by Rodgers on Monday, the guy is incredibly crafty and knows how to manipulate veterans, so our way two young secondary is going to learn a thing or two .. the hard way. Sometimes thats the only way to learn something?

It's not just the defense that is way too young (9 of 11 starters 26 or younger) but our coordinator is highly inexperienced as well. I think that's part of the problem here... Literally the only person who has actually had success on the NFL level is Sherman. it's just not a good combination to have, especially when we are in the middle of a rough patch. I don't even think the Seahawks defense was ever this bad... there's no one to say 'ok guys, I've been here before, this is our next move' 

Maybe the schalacking we will endure will end up being the best thing for the team in the long run? That's about the only positive spin I can put on it

it could get real ugly really early because I just don't see a way we slow down their offense. It's not impossible to score more than Rodgers, you just to make sure that you leave him absolutely no time on the clock when you take the lead. 

No breida is probably what kills it for me, he's really the spark plug to our offense. He's the only one outside of kittle at the skill positions who have done anything. Breida has a bad ankle, bad knee and a bad shoulder... Yeeeesh it's only week 6.

We came into the season with one running back,one tight end, and one WR who can make plays. All of the backup TEs are slow and cant catch worth a damn. Alfred Morris is what he is, a solid grind it out back, but nothing more. His vision and feet are good so he is able to churn out yardage, but he's not a dynamic playmaker.

Wrs haven't been good enough. Goodwin has been injured, Garcon has dropped passes, Trent Taylor has finally started to look like himself the last two weeks after off-season back surgery, but before that he did not look worthy of getting any snaps. Bourne has started to come alive and seems to be a guy who can catch touchdown passes, but he has had some rough moments as well. 

Someone needs to make a 2018 49ers turnover compilation video. I mean seriously, we have to lead the league in giveaways right? Jimmy was throwing interceptions before he was injured and then CJ has had some really unlucky breaks with balls bouncing off guys hands and then he's had some pretty poor fumbles in addition to some regular ol' interceptions. 

So here's a recap: can't cover WRs or rush the passer, no healthy running backs so we can't run the ball, no healthy WRs who are worth a damn so we can't make plays downfield, can't seem to score touchdowns in the red zone, can't seem to take care of the football ... Did I miss anything?? At least we don't have Mason Crosby kicking field goals for us? LOL 

Person has been a pleasant surprise IMO. He's looked solid thus far and being that he's one of the walking wounded, that's saying alot. Not the greatest push in a phone booth but he's solid finding his man on the move. And he's held up well in pass pro. He fits this scheme and I wouldn't be mad at all if he were re-signed with the hopes of him being the starter until we draft someone better. Every guy doesn't have to be a world beater@his respective position to have value. There's something to be said for the guy who shows toughness while playing through injuries, is assignment sound and is consistent with his play, while also giving you solid production. If everyone gave us that, this team would be undefeated...

So looks like Goodwin will be a go for Sunday. But he doesn't seem to have anywhere close to the same chemistry with Beathard that he does with Jimmy G. 

I had high hopes for Goodwin entering this season. Thought he was going to eclipse the 1,000 yard mark, but he's been banged up all season long and lost Jimmy G. Still, will be good to have a deep threat out there. 

I'm changing my prediction to:

GB 27 SF 17

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So looks like Goodwin will be a go for Sunday. But he doesn't seem to have anywhere close to the same chemistry with Beathard that he does with Jimmy G. 

Just have him run go routes all day and hope for another 83 yarder. Or two.

7 minutes ago, SFrush said:

I'm starting to wonder what's the holdup on adding another RB to the 53. They desperately need one.

Tells me that it's likely going to be Wilson or Dayes from the ps as those moves aren't usually done until the weekend

2 hours ago, SFrush said:

Not necessarily. 

We didn't put Garoppolo on IR until the Saturday before the charger game. This is common practice in the NFL. The guys are on the practice squad and in the building, so why tip your hand? 

Soooo I just read that Rodgers 'had a setback' with his knee ... Not that it matters that much with our pass rush, but if buckner and the boys need to get pressure up the middle and make him move his feet.. 

Maybe.... Juuuusst maybe... ANY GIVEN MONDAY

Archived