Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs. San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

I'll be honest.  That was kind of a roller coaster for me.  Before the game started, I thought we were going to get blown out by 24+ points.  I had to work a little late, so I didn't even start watching until almost halftime.  Then, we took the lead and held it a while.  I was actually thinking maybe I didn't care about the draft all of the sudden if we were going to be at least entertaining.  To lose like that, though....it put me right back to waiting for April to come around.  lol

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

CJ just proved why he's a bum. Defense played like dookey, but that's to be expected. Saleh needs to be fired yesterday, but he'll be retained. 49ers will win their week 17 matchup against the Rams backups ruining their draft position. 

Team is a piece of crap. 

CJ is a good backup QB. Not his fault he's playing 

Just now, 49ersfan said:

He could have called a run on 3rd and 3. If we get the first down, great. If we don't, we burn 39 seconds + a 10 second punt. 

Instead, he calls a deep pass that gets intercepted, no time off the clock. 

Idiotic play call. IDIOTIC.

Completely disagree. Your playing Rodgers. You have to be aggressive and score. I have no problem with the play call. I have no problem with the decision by Beathard. It was just a poorly thrown ball. Ball should have been on the outside  towards the sideline with more air under it. He threw it inside, and it was under thrown. I mean you're really going to trust THIS defense, giving him the ball with over a minute left? He just went down the field from the 10 yard line in a minute. If we were up 3, I could see your point. But when a field goal beats you, have to try and put points on the board with 12 on the other sideline. Especially with a defense and a pass-rush as porus as ours.

With a minute left, from your own ten, Saleh should have been agressive until they reached their own 40. After that, he should have played zone and protected the sideline. Ward got hurt, you see Rodgers DELIBERATELY attacking Mabin in coverage. You keep everything thing in the middle of the field and rally to the ball. Inexcusable for them to repeatedly get those sidleine routes versus man coverage. I understand the biltzing was working somewhat but once they're getting close to FG territory, gotta make them burn clock. Once they called holding on Sherman, should have zoned up guarded the sidelines. 

Just now, Ataal said:

I'll be honest.  That was kind of a roller coaster for me.  Before the game started, I thought we were going to get blown out by 24+ points.  I had to work a little late, so I didn't even start watching until almost halftime.  Then, we took the lead and held it a while.  I was actually thinking maybe I didn't care about the draft all of the sudden if we were going to be at least entertaining.  To lose like that, though....it put me right back to waiting for April to come around.  lol

This team reminds me of the Singletary days. We'll get blown out by the average teams on Sunday afternoon. Against the top teams in primetime, we'll have competitive losses against the top teams. 

Oh, and we'll be bad enough to miss the playoffs, but we're not bad enough to get a top pic and impact pass rusher. I fully expect us to win some games later in the year, which isn't a bad thing necessarily. But i have a feeling all the fans cheering a tank and top 3 pick will be disappointed. So this game will be an absolute failure for everyone on every spectrum. 

I'm just infuriated at us pissing away a winnable game. Dumbest team in NFL history.

CJ played a good game up until those last few drives. Even if he's inconsistent now it's encouraging to see that he is able to play at a high level and that he truly wants to win. Maybe in a couple more years he'll have ironed out the rough edges and be a solid starter. I can't ask too much more for a backup QB. 

15 minutes ago, Geek said:

It really wasn't that bad. We stuck with a good team even though we're rocking a backup QB and 3/4 string RB. Let's be real, this was a way better game than you expected.

It was a better game than expected, but at the same time this is how people that need to be replaced keep their jobs. Saleh needs to go. But because it was close loss, his failings will be brushed under the rug.

I can't believe Booger McFarland as a TV analyst seemed to know what to do more with Soloman than our own DC. Just pathetic. 

I'll be more honest. I was pleasantly surprised by both the competitive level allowed for SF tonight.. as well as the few hours of enjoyment provided to my night. 

Beyond that, the end result was both hilarious and irrelevant to me. 

Better draft pick.. and stronger belief that the system I keep trying to find fun in.. is broken.

.. but week after week, I will wipe the memor clear and do it all over... because what else we got. LOL

Best new rasslin'... available. 

2 minutes ago, Geek said:

CJ played a good game up until those last few drives. Even if he's inconsistent now it's encouraging to see that he is able to play at a high level and that he truly wants to win. Maybe in a couple more years he'll have ironed out the rough edges and be a solid starter. I can't ask too much more for a backup QB. 

To me even though he had a good game on the stat sheet, it seemed more like Kyle helping out than his actual talent shining through. Guys were open against the Packers defense (which is horrible) pretty regularly. CJ wasn't out there throwing dimes to guys or anything. 

And in crunch time he just completely choked. Could be a good backup though. But yeah, needs to stay on the bench as soon we get Jimmy back. 

giphy.webp

3 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I'll be more honest. I was pleasantly surprised by both the competitive level allowed for SF tonight.. as well as the few hours of enjoyment provided to my night. 

Beyond that, the end result was both hilarious and irrelevant to me. 

Better draft pick.. and stronger belief that the system I keep trying to find fun in.. is broken.

.. but week after week, I will wipe the memor clear and do it all over... because what else we got. LOL

Best new rasslin'... available. 

Most important part of this post to me

Yeah, I'm missing our old Fangio defense. Granted, that had way more talent. But can you imagine how monsterous this team would be if we could play Buck and Armstead at the 4/5 with some nice 3-4 backers coming off their work...mm...beautiful to think about.

That said, Buckner is just a monster. Really REALLY want to see us get this man some help this off-season. 

Just now, Forge said:

Most important part of this post to me

Literally why we watch the game. To be entertained. Saw a GOAT to GOAT things, saw our coach and players step up in a big way. They just couldn't put it away and a couple ducks on our team just kept us out of win range. 

Still in the Bosa conversation, most importantly. 

Archived