Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs. San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Breida is going to be a go then? My goodness, this guy continues to be iffy every game only to end up playing. But without rest those injuries aren't going to heal themselves. Our season is done, might as well rest up to prevent further injuring himself. 

Yeah, no need to force him onto the field. I prefer having him 12 games at 95% than 16 games at 75%. This year, at least. If we were in the running for a playoffs spot, I'd want our best (available) RB to try to be on the field every game. But this year, I prefer to be cautious with everyone's health.

1 hour ago, Hopper15 said:

Jeff Wilson should have been promoted.  How many times do you need to see Breida get injured before you realize you need more depth.

Yeah, we need to have a third guy to go to that is not Mostert, even if Breida is on the field. Mostert is just not an NFL runner. 

Really puzzling... if breida gets hurt mid-game we have no one else reliable that can run the outside zone. I guess you could say that we don't know if Wilson is reliable yet... but at least we would have that option. 

Archived