Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs. San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, Forge said:

Safe to say the staff is very unhappy with him. After watching mabin get crushed, I suspect he's back in there next week

Maybe his injury got worse? It's really weird because he was balling even in preseason up until that game against the Chief's where he got torched. I'm still a believer in Spoon in the long run but his situation is very concerning right now.

Just now, Geek said:

Maybe his injury got worse? It's really weird because he was balling even in preseason up until that game against the Chief's where he got torched. I'm still a believer in Spoon in the long run but his situation is very concerning right now.

Consistency is very hard for young corners. That should be expected by the staff. In a list season, you just have to let him go and work through it

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Earl Thomas should be a guy we go after HARD

Past 30 and coming off a broken leg? Just don't know if he's the same guy we've seen next year. I'd take a flier on Ha Ha or Amos from the Bears. Thomas in this scheme is very tempting but I don't know if I trust his body, as he's been banged up the past couple of years. I think we lucked up on Sherman being very close to what he was in Seattle. And Sherm didn't have the injury history Thomas has until his achilles. Don't know if I roll the dice twice on a former Hawk.

Just now, 757-NINER said:

Past 30 and coming off a broken leg? Just don't know if he's the same guy we've seen next year. I'd take a flier on Ha Ha or Amos from the Bears. Thomas in this scheme is very tempting but I don't know if I trust his body, as he's been banged up the past couple of years. I think we lucked up on Sherman being very close to what he was in Seattle. And Sherm didn't have the injury history Thomas has until his achilles. Don't know if I roll the dice twice on a former Hawk.

Safeties aren't like corners. You could give him a five year deal and he could play at a high level all five years and even if he gives you only one or two more seasons like he's doing now, so what? By then most of the guarantees are gone. The woodson  boys were first team all pros at 35 and 37. Thomas was still one of the best players in football, and I'll take a chance on broken bones over ligaments.

I'm tired of nickel and diming it. Stop overpaying marginal guys like Smith and Cooper. I want to stop playing with scared money. Go get real talent

Ronald Blair earned himself some PT for the rest of the season 

Mostert executed the offense well and made the most of his opportunities. He had a couple of almost breaking the big one.

Buckner came alive when we started blitzing and they couldn't double him. I mean, he went back to looking like a DPOY type. 

Thomas made some nice plays. He had some good burst when he needed it. 

We just keep turning the ball over without getting any take aways. That really is the difference. 3 games in a row that could have gone our way. This is the story from last year when CJ was starting.. Eventually a few of these are going to go in our favor.. just like they did last year. I just hope we are still in the hunt when it finally bounces our way.

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Thomas was arguably the best defender in football before his injury. His age isn't really a concern yet. He still has insane breaking speed. And broken leg is no worry at all. Much better than an Achilles or ACL.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thomas was arguably the best defender in football before his injury. His age isn't really a concern yet. He still has insane breaking speed. And broken leg is no worry at all. Much better than an Achilles or ACL.

Plus, he's got it upstairs on the field. On a night where I complained multiple times about this team's football iq, we should be wanting to bring that into the fold. And that part of his game certainly isn't going away right now

I would have ran the ball on third down at the end. We probably would have converted, the run game was excellent all night. 

At a minimum it would have ran the clock and they didn't have timeouts. 

Kyle is really beating himself up right now. Rough loss. 

Rams on a short week after an emotional loss.. not easy 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

I would have ran the ball on third down at the end. We probably would have converted, the run game was excellent all night. 

Or run a screen with them showing blitz on the last drive. Packers went for the throat. 

27 minutes ago, N4L said:

Ronald Blair earned himself some PT for the rest of the season 

Mostert executed the offense well and made the most of his opportunities. He had a couple of almost breaking the big one.

Buckner came alive when we started blitzing and they couldn't double him. I mean, he went back to looking like a DPOY type. 

Thomas made some nice plays. He had some good burst when he needed it. 

We just keep turning the ball over without getting any take aways. That really is the difference. 3 games in a row that could have gone our way. This is the story from last year when CJ was starting.. Eventually a few of these are going to go in our favor.. just like they did last year. I just hope we are still in the hunt when it finally bounces our way.

I was actually really impressed by Mostert running the football. He's always had the speed, but watching him drag guys at times was a treat and something I didn't expect. 

Buck really struggles when he's doubled, thats why he's not Watt or Donald. But he's so difficult to block one on one and he will destroy offensive linemen. Thomas had a couple of nice plays, but yeah, still largely looks like JAG to me. (when on the edge) 

We really need a ball hawk in the secondary. I wasn't a fan of Josh Jackson in this draft, but I get the appeal of drafting a guy known to be a ballhawk in college. We are just terrible at creating turnovers. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Or run a screen with them showing blitz on the last drive. Packers went for the throat. 

So did CJ by trying to score a touchdown. 

Throwing over the top to Goodwin on a cover 0 was the right read. It's just low percentage and was underthrown because he felt the pressure and threw off his back foot.

It's a low percentage throw and we had to have that one. 

Damn. I reallllly wanted that game..

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

I said it at the time that I thought the play was to run it on second down. The clock certainly wasn't our enemy at that point, so that is probably what I would have done. If it gives me a third and 1, I would have QB sneaked it twice in a row if necessary (yes, I would have gone for it on 4th down in that situation). 

Archived