Jordan Howard trade rumors are back

WindyCity

John Clayton was on the Radio and apparently said that Jordan Howard was a darkhorse to keep an eye on for the Eagles.

SPORTSRADIO 94WIP

Verified account

@SportsRadioWIP
2h2 hours ago
More
Clayton also mentions Chicago RB Jordan Howard as a sleeper to keep an eye on for the #Eagles.

I think Nagy craves speed and elusiveness from his players and I don't find it surprising at all that the game our offense explodes, Cohen got more touches than Howard.

If they dangle a 3rd round pick for Howard.... I'd be hard-pressed to say no. I don't think our power blocking scheme is ideal for him.

I think we would regret trading Howard unless it was for a 2nd or more...it's all good when things are easy like they were against TB but Howard is a guy who when games are close can be plan B and pound away getting stronger as the game goes on...as the weather closes in as the season goes on he will become more and more vital...as he will when others start to tire...

We have a championship winning D...why trade away quality and currently cheap players before taking a real run at it next season?

38 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I do not value RBs as you may have guessed over the years.

I would only trade Howard for a 2nd round pick plus. He has more value to the team than a 3rd round pick or later.

Why would any team trade a 2nd round pick "plus" for a slow RB who's going to want a new contract in 10 months?

18 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think Nagy craves speed and elusiveness from his players and I don't find it surprising at all that the game our offense explodes, Cohen got more touches than Howard.

If they dangle a 3rd round pick for Howard.... I'd be hard-pressed to say no. I don't think our power blocking scheme is ideal for him.

The Eagles run the same offense as the Bears. If he doesn't fit in this offense, I don't think he fits in that one.

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think we would regret trading Howard unless it was for a 2nd or more...it's all good when things are easy like they were against TB but Howard is a guy who when games are close can be plan B and pound away getting stronger as the game goes on...as the weather closes in as the season goes on he will become more and more vital...as he will when others start to tire...

We have a championship winning D...why trade away quality and currently cheap players before taking a real run at it next season?

I think Howard is traded during the offseason, but not until then. Like you said, I'm not trading any players now because this season could be special potentially.

27 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Why would any team trade a 2nd round pick "plus" for a slow RB who's going to want a new contract in 10 months?

Exactly...but that is his value to us this season...you don't trade away good players without good reason...well unless your Gruden ?

You only trade him if a teams desperation causes them to offer more than he would normally be worth.

I am not saying the Eagles would offer a 2nd round pick. But if I don’t hear that I am hanging up the phone, he has too much value to this season for us to move him for less.

But if a team wants to offer a premium pick, he is not at the level where I don’t even listen.

31 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

How is he so much different from Kareem Hunt? We need Howard as the weather turns.

Hunt also runs WR routes and makes catches down field.

Howard has improved his hands, but he still runs basic RB routes out of the backfield.

Howard has 49 carries for 121 yards the past 3 weeks. IF we were to trade him doing so when he’s coming off the worst stretch of his career as a starter is not the time to do it. And that’s setting aside the absurdity of trading away your one true runner at RB, while in first place, from a team that plays outdoors in bad weather 2+ months a year. People really comfortable going with Cohen and Cunningham at RB? REALLY???! The same Cohen who has 4 games in his 20-game career with 10+ carries and who weighs in at 5’6” 181 lb? The same guy people were in a panic about getting overworked as a gadget player last year? 

This whole premise is utterly ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

You only trade him if a teams desperation causes them to offer more than he would normally be worth.

Right now? No, you don't

That's kind of like saying if someone wanted to do a blockbuster trade for Trubisky, you line up and sign it off.

No. And NO. The Bears have no replacement for Howard in-house. None. They'd be taking a huge risk with their playoff chances if they dealt him. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Howard has 49 carries for 121 yards the past 3 weeks. IF we were to trade him doing so when he’s coming off the worst stretch of his career as a starter is not the time to do it. And that’s setting aside the absurdity of trading away your one true runner at RB, while in first place, from a team that plays outdoors in bad weather 2+ months a year. People really comfortable going with Cohen and Cunningham at RB? REALLY???! The same Cohen who has 4 games in his 20-game career with 10+ carries and who weighs in at 5’6” 181 lb? The same guy people were in a panic about getting overworked as a gadget player last year? 

This whole premise is utterly ridiculous. 

44 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Right now? No, you don't

That's kind of like saying if someone wanted to do a blockbuster trade for Trubisky, you line up and sign it off.

No. And NO. The Bears have no replacement for Howard in-house. None. They'd be taking a huge risk with their playoff chances if they dealt him. 

There's nothing else to say. Wrap it up boys cause we are done here.

Archived