Jordan Howard trade rumors are back

WindyCity

27 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

This may have something to do with how he left last week's game...

It is quite obvious to me that he does not fit into Nagy's style of offense. And it is my belief that Nagy finally said the hell with it, this is my team and I am playing the guys who fit into my schemes. 

Unless it is a first, which absolutely won't happen, I don't even contemplate the offer. We are sitting at the top of the NFC North, and we play outside. Come November I expect Howard to really start rolling as the field turns to a mudhole. Plus if we lose Cohen do we want to rely on Cunningham to hold down the fort? Hell no. His vision is great and he gets the tough yards no other back can get for us. If/when er get to the playoffs we need to have as much talent ready as possible. There will be times Cohen is the mismatch vs the opposing defense, and others Howard is the one who is set up to wreak havoc.

Pace just bet the house on making the playoffs and maybe even a SB appearance in the next 2 years with this roster, there is absolutely no way Howard gets traded for a draft pick UNLESS he is confident he drafted the next Kareem Hunt meaning he either trades Howard for the rights to that player on draft day or after next years draft.

I don't think a player for player trade would make sense.

4 minutes ago, ColGerBear said:

Pace just bet the house on making the playoffs and maybe even a SB appearance in the next 2 years with this roster, there is absolutely no way Howard gets traded for a draft pick UNLESS he is confident he drafted the next Kareem Hunt meaning he either trades Howard for the rights to that player on draft day or after next years draft.

I don't think a player for player trade would make sense.

I guess I am the only one that thinks Howard looks like he runs with bungee cords around his ankles and cement blocks for cleats...

Sounds like all of this talk is based on Jordan Howards lack of usage in one ((1) uno) game, plus some guy on a talk show throwing it out there?  Doesn't take much these days.

Howard has improved on the one area he wasn't good at, and has histrocially been excellent when allowed to get into a rhythm.  In order to walk away from that, especially on a cheap rookie deal, I'd imagine Pace would have to receive an insane offer, like 2nd rounded.  But why would Eagles offer a second rounder for a low value position, when there are probably a ton of other teams with multiple backs that would want to deal for less?  

I would rate my level of confidence that this doesn't happen as between six pack bet and tattoo, call it mowing someones lawn for a month level of certainty. 

Howard is under cheap cost control for the next 2 years.  Unless a team is offering a package you can't refuse, such as a 2nd round pick and more then you don't trade him.

It's so Chicago that trade rumors are swirling and people are talking about how Howard is expendable after 1 underwhelming game.  Let's not forget what he's done the last 2 years. 

Besides you simply cannot rely on Tarik Cohen as your every down back, and for as much as I like Benny Cunningham he's nothing more than a backup. 

18 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Howard is under cheap cost control for the next 2 years.  Unless a team is offering a package you can't refuse, such as a 2nd round pick and more then you don't trade him.

It's so Chicago that trade rumors are swirling and people are talking about how Howard is expendable after 1 underwhelming game.  Let's not forget what he's done the last 2 years. 

Besides you simply cannot rely on Tarik Cohen as your every down back, and for as much as I like Benny Cunningham he's nothing more than a backup. 

He’s been underwhelming for 4 games now. I also wouldn’t say he’s under cheap control for 2 more years because you know a hold out is coming if he finishes this year strong.

9 hours ago, dafreak said:

I guess I am the only one that thinks Howard looks like he runs with bungee cords around his ankles and cement blocks for cleats...

For once we agree.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Sounds like all of this talk is based on Jordan Howards lack of usage in one ((1) uno) game, plus some guy on a talk show throwing it out there?  Doesn't take much these days.

Howard has improved on the one area he wasn't good at, and has histrocially been excellent when allowed to get into a rhythm.  In order to walk away from that, especially on a cheap rookie deal, I'd imagine Pace would have to receive an insane offer, like 2nd rounded.  But why would Eagles offer a second rounder for a low value position, when there are probably a ton of other teams with multiple backs that would want to deal for less?  

I would rate my level of confidence that this doesn't happen as between six pack bet and tattoo, call it mowing someones lawn for a month level of certainty. 

Assuming you mean his hands, have his hands really improved? He had 10 catches through 4 games last year and has 10 catches through the first 4 games this year.

His other weakness is quickness/agility and that hasn’t improved and never will.

Regarding his hands, they certainly look improved to me, but checking on the stats, he has literally dropped one pass all year, and his catch percentage to date is right with Kareem Hunts lifetime best season % (also Tyreek Hills who I accidentally searched for) So I guess to me he _looks_ improved and the stats say he's improved,  so make of that what you will.  I did say I wouldn't bet you a tattoo.

I think he's pretty useful around here, and not sure the Bears would get a good enough offer to part with him where there are so many teams with multiple backs who aren't really going anywhere this season.  Stranger things have happened I guess, did you hear about the GM who gave up one of the best defensive players in the game for 2 first round picks and absolutely tore the spine out of his own defense?

Also,  given how they've played to date, I would expect Howard to get a lot more usage against the Dolphins this weekend, so perhaps next week we can have a different strong reaction to the Bears.  Just to throw it out there,  Chris Tabor uses the fake returner gambit again, it doesn't work and fans and media respond by circulating a "Is it time to have Chris Tabor excommunicated?" articles

I think Howard is still working his way though seeing holes in our power blocking scheme. He's been used to zone blocking since his college days so this is an adjustment for him.

I wish we didn't switch, but Nagy's calling the shots and I'm not about to second guess him.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Regarding his hands, they certainly look improved to me, but checking on the stats, he has literally dropped one pass all year

And that one he was smothered and hit on a throw that shouldn't have been thrown to him.  I have busted on him for his unreliable hand as much as anyone,  but that one I have zero issues with him not coming down with.  

I went back and watched his cut-ups... man I hate to say it but he just looks slow. He never was a blazer, don't get me wrong, but some of his runs look like he's in quicksand.

I think he doesn't quite trust what he's seeing up front and that's understandable.

Come November/December/January... can you imagine having a fresh Jordan Howard? God willing he'll get more comfortable behind this blocking scheme and start imposing his will on defenses.

Archived