Jordan Howard trade rumors are back

WindyCity

I'm with Windy, a 2nd+ I'm listening anything less I'm not.  Howard's role on this team has changed.  He is now the closer.  When we get a big lead or it's late in the game Howard is going to be asked to come in and chew up the clock.  There are also going to be matchups where Howard is the better option.

It would take a top 45  pick for me, at least, to even consider trading the great Jordan Howard !

I would rather get a current STuD CB for Howard .. a player that can help NOW. Bennie Cunningham has looked very good so far, is an exceptional receiver

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

It would take a top 45  pick for me, at least, to even consider trading the great Jordan Howard !

I would rather get a current STuD CB for Howard .. a player that can help NOW. Bennie Cunningham has looked very good so far, is an exceptional receiver

Howard isn’t great. No one is giving the Bears that high of a pick for a slow RB who’s going to want a new contract.

When did Cunningham look very good?

17 hours ago, dafreak said:

I guess I am the only one that thinks Howard looks like he runs with bungee cords around his ankles and cement blocks for cleats...

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

He’s been underwhelming for 4 games now. I also wouldn’t say he’s under cheap control for 2 more years because you know a hold out is coming if he finishes this year strong. 

It doesn't even matter that I essentially disagree with the premises behind both these posts. Tarik Cohen isn't an every down back. He's a change of pace guy, and a part time returner and receiver. He's Darren Sproles--ONLY SMALLER. If the Bears trade Howard now, then they are left without a legitimate starting running back. 

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'm with Windy, a 2nd+ I'm listening anything less I'm not.  Howard's role on this team has changed.  He is now the closer.  When we get a big lead or it's late in the game Howard is going to be asked to come in and chew up the clock.  There are also going to be matchups where Howard is the better option.

Personally I think it’s less that and more that they are going to use the guys who best exploit the defensive deficiencies. Some games that’s going to be Cohen and speed. Others like week 1 vs. GB he’s gonna be featured. That’s not an indictment on Howard. It’s a testament to a coaching staff that knows what it’s doing. 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

It doesn't even matter that I essentially disagree with the premises behind both these posts. Tarik Cohen isn't an every down back. He's a change of pace guy, and a part time returner and receiver. He's Darren Sproles--ONLY SMALLER. If the Bears trade Howard now, then they are left without a legitimate starting running back. 

I don’t agree that he should be traded now. I do agree, however, that he’s pretty overrated inside of the fan base and I do agree that they can trade him in the offseason and not miss a beat next regular season.

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Howard isn’t great. No one is giving the Bears that high of a pick for a slow RB who’s going to want a new contract.

When did Cunningham look very good?

Howard isn't great ?? When did BC look good ?? Jordan is a top 5 RB .. I believe top 3 in yards since he came into the league .. shifty sneaky alusiveness and so powerful  a probowl RB That's durable .. it's top 45 or I'm hanging up, but would rather improve our Pass D and move JH for a corner

Did you not see Cunningham in preseason ? Looked dam good in Nagy system !

10 hours ago, SLCbear said:

Howard isn't great ?? When did BC look good ?? Jordan is a top 5 RB .. I believe top 3 in yards since he came into the league .. shifty sneaky alusiveness and so powerful  a probowl RB That's durable .. it's top 45 or I'm hanging up, but would rather improve our Pass D and move JH for a corner

Did you not see Cunningham in preseason ? Looked dam good in Nagy system !

Gordon, Elliott, Bell, Hunt, Fournette, Gurley, Johnson, Kamara, Freeman, McCaffrey, Freeman and Mixon are all better and that’s off of the top of my head.

By the end of the year, maybe R.Freeman or Lindsay would be above Howard. When Cook is healthy, he’s a superior runner. Conner’s looking really good. Saquon clearly is more talented.

I’m not sure why “shifty” and “alusive” come to your mind when you think of Howard, but maybe see your local eye doctor.

Preseason? Against third stringers and unemployed guys? GTFOH.

14 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I don’t agree that he should be traded now. I do agree, however, that he’s pretty overrated inside of the fan base and I do agree that they can trade him in the offseason and not miss a beat next regular season.

I dont agree fanbase overrates him. I think they have him about right.

90% of posters here are thinking he is a long shot to be resigned and aren't complaining much about it.

i think he doesn't get enough love or credit from base for carrying team for whole rookie season and parts of 2nd year on woeful offenses.

If anything I think he is underrated, but I can understand not wanting to pay him substantially in future as he isn't close to top backs out of backfield in receiving game. He has been really durable though which isnt nothing.  Best ability is availablity. 

I think you do need a back on roster that can get tough yards through contact and play on edge on occasion to keep D honest. Howard fits that bill. I don't think those guys are that easy to find either. You can find an inside guy or an outside guy easy enough, but not both. Really hard to find guys who do both and are receivers. Though everyone seems to think it's easy these days. 

I would table this discussion to offseason of after next year and give him some love and inspiration publicly. No reason to Howard bash and give him a bad attitude.

CW says you will need Howard when weather turns. I think in this case CW is right.

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I dont agree fanbase overrates him. I think they have him about right.

90% of posters here are thinking he is a long shot to be resigned and aren't complaining much about it.

i think he doesn't get enough love or credit from base for carrying team for whole rookie season and parts of 2nd year on woeful offenses.

If anything I think he is underrated, but I can understand not wanting to pay him substantially in future as he isn't close to top backs out of backfield in receiving game. He has been really durable though which isnt nothing.  Best ability is availablity. 

I think you do need a back on roster that can get tough yards through contact and play on edge on occasion to keep D honest. Howard fits that bill. I don't think those guys are that easy to find either. You can find an inside guy or an outside guy easy enough, but not both. Really hard to find guys who do both and are receivers. Though everyone seems to think it's easy these days. 

I would table this discussion to offseason of after next year and give him some love and inspiration publicly. No reason to Howard bash and give him a bad attitude.

CW says you will need Howard when weather turns. I think in this case CW is right.

I agree which is why I don’t want to trade him *yet*

I think the fan base does overrate him but we’ll agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:Gordon, Elliott, Bell, Hunt, Fournette, Gurley, Johnson, Kamara, Freeman, McCaffrey, Freeman and Mixon are all better and that’s off of the top of my head.

By the end of the year, maybe R.Freeman or Lindsay would be above Howard. When Cook is healthy, he’s a superior runner. Conner’s looking really good. Saquon clearly is more talented.

I agree mostly, but how many of those guys have missed multiple games already or will miss games later this year or next year? And others not on list.  Something to be said about availability and durability. 

A guy can't help you in training room or holding out or suspended or in protocol.

Its a plus in Howard's column. Also because of limitations in receiving game he is never going to break the bank. Teams know same things Bears fans know. He may still be too expensive. We'll see. Might not need to gamble on a rookie contract to fill the bill. 

Archived