Jordan Howard trade rumors are back

WindyCity

On 10/13/2018 at 9:22 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

Barkley is a great talent, but hes not the best back in the league right now.  If you want to say top 10 I'm ol with that.  But 1) he hasnt been remotely consistent 2) he hasnt even finished half a season yet.  Todd Gurley is still doing Todd Gurley things.  Lev Bell is waiting to rejoin his team.  Zeke is a bad man down in Dallas.  

It's a team game and Giants are bad.  Barkley is most talented back in league right now.  Maybe you can argue he isn't best because of rookie mistakes here or there, but eye test tells me he is most talented back in league.  I don't need stats or numbers, I can see it.

Nobody is that big, fast and elusive or as good a receiver.  He is total package.  He is a huge Tarik Cohen or McCaffery.  Only draw back to him is he gives up yards sometimes trying for the big play.  Barry Sanders did that to a much larger degree.  

Goes to show the drop in value of RBs in the league that his team sucks with a player that talented on O.  Part of problem is team infighting bleeding onto field.  

Put Barkley on Rams and he would be Gurley ++.  Gurley is a super stud, so is Zeke, leaving Bell out of it for now because he isn't playing, KC RB is great too, but Barkley is still the more talented and better overall player.  

If he dropped to Bears in draft, like he probably should have, that would have been awesome.  Giants should have traded that pick or took a QB.  They f'd up.  Luckily for them they are still so bad they will have high pick next year and may get another shot.  They should be an 8 win team.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It's a team game and Giants are bad.  Barkley is most talented back in league right now.  Maybe you can argue he isn't best because of rookie mistakes here or there, but eye test tells me he is most talented back in league.  I don't need stats or numbers, I can see it.

Nobody is that big, fast and elusive or as good a receiver.  He is total package.  He is a huge Tarik Cohen or McCaffery.  Only draw back to him is he gives up yards sometimes trying for the big play.  Barry Sanders did that to a much larger degree.  

Goes to show the drop in value of RBs in the league that his team sucks with a player that talented on O.  Part of problem is team infighting bleeding onto field.  

Put Barkley on Rams and he would be Gurley ++.  Gurley is a super stud, so is Zeke, leaving Bell out of it for now because he isn't playing, KC RB is great too, but Barkley is still the more talented and better overall player.  

If he dropped to Bears in draft, like he probably should have, that would have been awesome.  Giants should have traded that pick or took a QB.  They f'd up.  Luckily for them they are still so bad they will have high pick next year and may get another shot.  They should be an 8 win team.

I wanted the Bears to get a chance at Barkley so bad and I was crucified for it NOOO JH IZ A STUD!!!1 

I guess it’s a moot point since he went 6 slots before the Bears. He was without question the best player in the draft, and it’s showing. Imagine this offense with Barkley.

16 hours ago, Sugashane said:

lol. Seriously though he might be on the market in the offseason. Our running game is not doing well, though Trubisky's rushing makes it look better when looking at total yards per game. Hiestand does a power scheme, but only Long and Whitehair really seem to fit the bill for that scheme. Leno can anchor much better than he was able to and Massie plays like a guy 4 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter. Daniels is a quick agile kid who needs more time to develop.

So all in all, if things don't pick up Howard might get scapegoated and dangled on the market.

Things will improve with the running game. We're six games in, dude. :)

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Things will improve with the running game. We're six games in, dude. :)

But the running game was the one thing that was ALMOST a sure thing.

Yes, in one league I have both Howard and Cohen. Shut up. lol

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I didn't like the Giants drafting Barkley because the need for a QB, but they are worse than I thought they would be and I didn't like this year's QB class. I said prior to last year's draft I'd take Mahomes, Watson, or Trubisky over any QB in this years class and I am sticking with it. Next year has a few interesting prospects. But with Shurmur I thought for sure he would want a season of grooming his guy for a year while Eli did Eli things this year.

Do you think they had an idea they would actually be this bad? That would be a hell of a gamble to say you know you'll suck enough to potentially get your chance at a franchise QB. Especially not know that Gruden and Co are trying to acquire the entire first round prior to the draft. lol

50 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Yes, in one league I have both Howard and Cohen. Shut up. lol

I didn't like the Giants drafting Barkley because the need for a QB, but they are worse than I thought they would be and I didn't like this year's QB class. I said prior to last year's draft I'd take Mahomes, Watson, or Trubisky over any QB in this years class and I am sticking with it. Next year has a few interesting prospects. But with Shurmur I thought for sure he would want a season of grooming his guy for a year while Eli did Eli things this year.

Do you think they had an idea they would actually be this bad? That would be a hell of a gamble to say you know you'll suck enough to potentially get your chance at a franchise QB. Especially not know that Gruden and Co are trying to acquire the entire first round prior to the draft. lol

If Herbert stays at Oregon, this QB class isn’t “interesting,” it ****ing sucks.

They would be better off taking an OT & being awful again in 2019 and waiting for Tua or Fromm.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

The only ironclad prediction I feel comfortable making about the rest of the season is that the run game will improve, :)

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Do you think they had an idea they would actually be this bad? 

Absolutely not. Now...it may be foolish, but they obviously were counting on a lot more from that team. And Eli (which may have been dumber still)...

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

If Herbert stays at Oregon, this QB class isn’t “interesting,” it ****ing sucks.

They would be better off taking an OT & being awful again in 2019 and waiting for Tua or Fromm.

Outside of Herbert they should be able to get someone with a trade down very easily. That is important because the Giants aren't a QB away from being worth a damn. Granted there is a likelihood someone completely overdrafts someone because they are QBs, but Lock has enough arm talent to play in the NFL, Patterson might be worth coaching up, etc. Then there are some guys who look like potential projects. Fitzgerald has been a huge disappointment to me so far, last year I liked the idea of him in the 5th due to his physical tools. Just to groom a back up that has mobility like Mitchell's, that was we don't have to change the offense up completely like with the Glennon/Trubisky transition seemed to. But he might have played himself into a UFA territory if he doesn't have some big games.

Edit - I just realized Eason is sitting out this year. So no way he declares unless the rest of the competition just crumbles. That hurts the class. I actually liked what I saw when I watched him.

55 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

The only ironclad prediction I feel comfortable making about the rest of the season is that the run game will improve, :)

Absolutely not. Now...it may be foolish, but they obviously were counting on a lot more from that team. And Eli (which may have been dumber still)...

I wasn't sure if it was an internal dumpster fire like when we had Fox hired or not. While I have never really been much of a fan (besides in Super Bowls) of the Giants, they just have been boring AF to me the last year or so. So they get little attention from me. lol

Though them trading Snacks to the Lions for a 5th is some serious BS. I'm probably going to have to root for them to screw up their draft position for that.

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Outside of Herbert they should be able to get someone with a trade down very easily. That is important because the Giants aren't a QB away from being worth a damn. Granted there is a likelihood someone completely overdrafts someone because they are QBs, but Lock has enough arm talent to play in the NFL, Patterson might be worth coaching up, etc. Then there are some guys who look like potential projects. Fitzgerald has been a huge disappointment to me so far, last year I liked the idea of him in the 5th due to his physical tools. Just to groom a back up that has mobility like Mitchell's, that was we don't have to change the offense up completely like with the Glennon/Trubisky transition seemed to. But he might have played himself into a UFA territory if he doesn't have some big games.

Edit - I just realized Eason is sitting out this year. So no way he declares unless the rest of the competition just crumbles. That hurts the class. I actually liked what I saw when I watched him.

I wasn't sure if it was an internal dumpster fire like when we had Fox hired or not. While I have never really been much of a fan (besides in Super Bowls) of the Giants, they just have been boring AF to me the last year or so. So they get little attention from me. lol

Though them trading Snacks to the Lions for a 5th is some serious BS. I'm probably going to have to root for them to screw up their draft position for that.

As close to a salary dump as it gets following the OBJ contract...he is worth way more than a 5th.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

As close to a salary dump as it gets following the OBJ contract...he is worth way more than a 5th.

30 year old, 2 down 0 pass rush DT, making 9/season, I am not sure he is worth a lot more than a 5th round pick. 

Teams do not trade premium picks for non-elite guys who make good money.

19 hours ago, Sugashane said:

No.  They and entire East Coast media, which is basically 'The Media', were all of mindset that combination of Beckham, Manning, Shepard, Engram, and addition of Barkley was going to be, and I quote, "unstoppable."  Hype was mostly about Beckham and Barkley combination, but still.  It was a pick your poison outlook, how are you going to stop them?!?

They said it again and again and again;  ESPN, NFL network, ESPN Radio.

So no, I think NYG's thought they were going to be really good for Eli's last few years if they added some top talent in 2018 draft.

Huge miscalculation.

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Amen. I'd have taken him for a pair of 4ths or even a 3rd in the 2020 draft in a crackhead heartbeat. Hicks, him, and Goldman on the front line. **** yeah! It is a win now mode and hopefully rotating him, Goldman, and Hicks allows them some rest and keeps them from being corpses in the 4th. He's expensive, but for what we need in stopping the run game lately he might be more than worth it. Our LBs have been getting smoked on pulls and such.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

No.  They and entire East Coast media, which is basically 'The Media', were all of mindset that combination of Beckham, Manning, Shepard, Engram, and addition of Barkley was going to be, and I quote, "unstoppable."  Hype was mostly about Beckham and Barkley combination, but still.  It was a pick your poison outlook, how are you going to stop them?!?

They said it again and again and again;  ESPN, NFL network, ESPN Radio.

So no, I think NYG's thought they were going to be really good for Eli's last few years if they added some top talent in 2018 draft.

Huge miscalculation.

That's funny. They don't know which Manning the Giants have under contract apparently. lol

6 hours ago, G08 said:

Ha! Me too xD

Great minds think alike, then Nagy laughs in our faces. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*** Before anyone says anything, that was very tongue-in-cheek. I'm sure if Nagy could have Howard rolling like we have seen he would be more than happy to.

• 2 months later...
On 10/9/2018 at 9:43 PM, dafreak said:

I was surprised he wasnt traded in the offseason and you can read my posts saying as much. If we can get decent draft capital for him trade him, he is expendable. 

On 10/9/2018 at 10:31 PM, dafreak said:

It is quite obvious to me that he does not fit into Nagy's style of offense. And it is my belief that Nagy finally said the hell with it, this is my team and I am playing the guys who fit into my schemes. 

On 10/9/2018 at 11:24 PM, dafreak said:

I guess I am the only one that thinks Howard looks like he runs with bungee cords around his ankles and cement blocks for cleats...

Told ya so....

Archived