Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

I’m kind of shocked we haven’t brought in the top CBS for visits.  Norman’s on the last year of his deal and his inconsistency hasn’t led me to believe we’ll be resigning him.  Allen’s a penny pincher and usually looks to draft replacements a year before needed (see Doctson).  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m kind of shocked we haven’t brought in the top CBS for visits.  Norman’s on the last year of his deal and his inconsistency hasn’t led me to believe we’ll be resigning him.  Allen’s a penny pincher and usually looks to draft replacements a year before needed (see Doctson).  

I’m going to go out on a limb and say Scott made that pick!!!! He’s the only player we’ve selected in the Allen era we haven’t visted with that’s a 1st round prospect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and say Scott made that pick!!!! He’s the only player we’ve selected in the Allen era we haven’t visted with that’s a 1st round prospect.

I agree that Doctson was a Scotty Mac pick, I’m still surprised we’ve been ignoring the CBs though.

30 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I agree. I’m not there with this QB class; but I agree we need to maximize the value!!!!! I’m completely okay with a defender and more then likely WR or a savage type round two I’d be very okay with those!!! 2 highly talented defenders!! Or the value of the draft round two I like it!!

I'd totally be on board with the Bush pick. I just wonder would they willingly take him or look to trade back first? I'll be glad when this is over. It's literally driving me crazy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/38382/redskins-search-for-identity-could-lead-to-defense-not-a-qb-with-first-pick 

Keim has a good pulse to the team, and his article says the team could be looking for an OLB or MLB at 15.  He also quotes Gruden saying they were too predictable with their TE packages, so if Hockenson is there I think he has to be in play.  Either of these 3 are ideal scenarios imo.  This is a bad QB class we should stay away from it.

Keim also just picked Devin Bush for the Redskins in the NFL Nation mock draft. Took him over Brian Burns, who was also still on the board. 

I’m not totally sold on Bush, but I’d be happy with that pick. Definitely need another ILB.

EDIT: I see that @Bo Duke beat me to that one by a wide margin!

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I agree that Doctson was a Scotty Mac pick, I’m still surprised we’ve been ignoring the CBs though.

It's pretty obvious in round 1 they think they need/want an offensive player to get a qb for the future or the passing game improved.

They probably like the young corners they have and want to add another guy at some point but aren't going to force it in round 1.

Guys, back before the draft was on T V and became such a phenomena ,, and before it was broadcast during the day on like a Tuesday . I used to have to call the local newspaper ( Richmond Times-Dispatch ) to see who we'd picked. I remember calling and the guy on the sports desk said "You got a receiver from Syracuse- Art Monk " .

I didn't really know who he was but loved the name - and we needed a wideout back then too . Hope lightening strikes twice .

• Like 2