Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just don’t believe this at all unless the cardinals are desperately trying to get a first back for Rosen. Otherwise it makes no sense to not use your first on Burns and your second on Rosen. 

I believe them because Dan and Bruce always seem to **** up things! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just don’t believe this at all unless the cardinals are desperately trying to get a first back for Rosen. Otherwise it makes no sense to not use your first on Burns and your second on Rosen. 

I very much believe those reports!!! The problem is I very much believe Haskins is the guy to Snyder and Co. Do I think he fits Jay’s offense? I think he can play in it!! I think Grier is the best fit!!! We just need to hope 14 teams in front of us do us favors!!! Trading up would be silly!!! BPA if Haskins is there then take him. If not Defender or trade down!!! I’d be very okay with a trade back and a Savage selection!!! Best FS in the draft in a few years!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Hope so! And right to the starting line up bc he’ll be better than Case & Colt!

If he somehow makes it to 15, I can get on board with taking him. Guy has top 10 ability, though there are things that really concern me about him. 

However, he absolutely cannot go straight into the starting lineup. He’s not ready to play at the NFL level. His footwork is poor, he throws off an inconsistent base (which causes big problems for him at times), his downfield accuracy needs a lot of work, and he just hasn’t seen enough playing time at a high level to just get dumped in there from day one. Especially when he’d have a poor receiving corps to help him out here. 

I think it’s a moot point, because I fully expect him to go to NYG at 6. I believe all their talk about looking at defenders there and all the whispers about Haskins potentially falling is meant to deter teams from trying to trade up ahead of NYG to get him. Gettleman needs some positivity right now, and a young QB with a big arm, big numbers, and big character who apparently grew up dreaming of playing with the Giants is about as close to a slam dunk as it gets. 

52 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They’re going to get who they think is the best prospect. Perhaps they think Haskins is a better prospect than Rosen, personally I do. I think Haskins is more like able for his teammates so he can be a better leader, I think he has a stronger arm too and was more successful in his one year starting at OSU than several of Rosen’s put together.

19 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If he somehow makes it to 15, I can get on board with taking him. Guy has top 10 ability, though there are things that really concern me about him. 

However, he absolutely cannot go straight into the starting lineup. He’s not ready to play at the NFL level. His footwork is poor, he throws off an inconsistent base (which causes big problems for him at times), his downfield accuracy needs a lot of work, and he just hasn’t seen enough playing time at a high level to just get dumped in there from day one. Especially when he’d have a poor receiving corps to help him out here. 

I think it’s a moot point, because I fully expect him to go to NYG at 6. I believe all their talk about looking at defenders there and all the whispers about Haskins potentially falling is meant to deter teams from trying to trade up ahead of NYG to get him. Gettleman needs some positivity right now, and a young QB with a big arm, big numbers, and big character who apparently grew up dreaming of playing with the Giants is about as close to a slam dunk as it gets. 

I think the Giants are going to take Daniel Jones bc he compares more to Eli or they’re going to go defense with one of the DTs or one or the edge pass rushers bc they have pretty much zippy there!

Edited by turtle28

33 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I very much believe those reports!!! The problem is I very much believe Haskins is the guy to Snyder and Co. Do I think he fits Jay’s offense? I think he can play in it!! I think Grier is the best fit!!! We just need to hope 14 teams in front of us do us favors!!! Trading up would be silly!!! BPA if Haskins is there then take him. If not Defender or trade down!!! I’d be very okay with a trade back and a Savage selection!!! Best FS in the draft in a few years!!!

I believe it too. This isn’t just a joe shmo national reporter. The report is from Diana Russini who as you know has as many contacts at Redskins park as the local beat reporters.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I believe it too. This isn’t just a joe shmo national reporter. The report is from Diana Russini who as you know has as many contacts at Redskins park as the local beat reporters.

Right!!! Even Scotty Macs wife said she’s pulling sexual favors!!! So hey I’m def believing her if that’s the case. But on a serious note. I don’t think this one is overly complicated!!! If he grew up playing in you back yard and he blew up like he did why wouldn’t you like him if your Snyder? Does that make this the best football move? No. But he is a QB with tools!!! I think the only issue is Jay put out his one saving grace message out about that!! He said if we take a QB they need to be able to play now. So if we take Haskins especially moving up unless he is starting and having success I think the writing will be on the wall

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2832416-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-mock-draft-quinnen-williams-is-the-man-to-watch 

Numerous league officials keep reiterating they believe, overall, this isn't a good quarterback draft. One AFC team official said, "It's terrible."

Tom Brady went in the 6th round of a terrible QB draft!!!!😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2832416-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-mock-draft-quinnen-williams-is-the-man-to-watch 

Numerous league officials keep reiterating they believe, overall, this isn't a good quarterback draft. One AFC team official said, "It's terrible."

Knight I’m just messing with you I don’t see the ceilings on most or any there’s not many

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Ok.  Lets take someone in the 6th round then.

I’m not against not taking one at all if the value isn’t there.

im not reaching for any of these guys!!! I’d be cool with even not taking a pass catcher if we got a OL plus a front 7 defender and a savage!!! I like him a lot if we moved back I’d be okay with that selection then keep going treches and LB’s and CB. We need a really talented football player!! I don’t ever use the next years class because after the season things always change as far as next years class. But I’m probably the biggest Fromm fan alive right now so trust me I’m perfectly okay with fortifying the defense and OL!!!

Edited by ripsean21