Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

29 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I'd almost like to move that up and say draft line in round one or two - every year.

There's only so much top-end draft value you can put into eight or nine positions.

That said, I believe my original version was: "draft a lineman every year (somewhere in the draft) and make it a 3rd or higher at least every third year." Due to the cupboard bare talent level they had at most of the positions, I upgraded that to a 3rd or higher every year. They can probably scale back to "normal" levels after the 2019 draft provided they truly address the left guard situation.

4 hours ago, Woz said:

There's only so much top-end draft value you can put into eight or nine positions.

That said, I believe my original version was: "draft a lineman every year (somewhere in the draft) and make it a 3rd or higher at least every third year." Due to the cupboard bare talent level they had at most of the positions, I upgraded that to a 3rd or higher every year. They can probably scale back to "normal" levels after the 2019 draft provided they truly address the left guard situation.

Actually I think they will need TWs replacement in one of the next two drafts.

• Like 1

Round 1: Cody Ford, G, OU or N Keal Harry, WR, ASU or Devin White, LB, LSU or Julian Love, CB, ND

Round 2: Beau Benzschawel, G, Wisconsin or Kaden Smith, TE, Stanford, or Ross Pierschbacher, G, Bama or Iman Marshall, CB, USC

Round 3 (take 2 of these): David Sills, WR, WVU or Clayton Thorsen, QB, NW or Michael Deiter, OT, Wisconsin, or Dakota Allen, ILB, TTU, or Brett Rypien, QB, Boise St, or Lavert Hill, CB, Michigan or Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson, or Jaylon Ferguson, OLB, LTU

Something like that so far

14 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. I said that a few months ago. I was not a popular person for a few days.

I think you draft his replacement!! Hopefully the Louisville kid is it!!! But you keep spending picks on the OL and DL nothing wrong with having a extra piece to send out for a player in return later if Trent keeps going!!! Just keep making picks keep getting comp picks and your building the best way to infuse a roster top to bottom!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Round 1: Cody Ford, G, OU or N Keal Harry, WR, ASU or Devin White, LB, LSU or Julian Love, CB, ND

Round 2: Beau Benzschawel, G, Wisconsin or Kaden Smith, TE, Stanford, or Ross Pierschbacher, G, Bama or Iman Marshall, CB, USC

Round 3 (take 2 of these): David Sills, WR, WVU or Clayton Thorsen, QB, NW or Michael Deiter, OT, Wisconsin, or Dakota Allen, ILB, TTU, or Brett Rypien, QB, Boise St, or Lavert Hill, CB, Michigan or Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson, or Jaylon Ferguson, OLB, LTU

Thorsen will probably go in the first. While Rypien can probably be had in the 6th. Massive difference between those 2.

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Of these give me K Neal Harry round 1. Were due to hit on a WR

Pierschbacher round 2. With that name he has to be great, and it keeps the Bama #’s up

We have a ton of young corners but if Norman’s gone I’d take Hill. If he stays best available edge

9 hours ago, TKellion said:

He is no better than a backup,they better do much better or we better draft a very mobile QB because he will be running for hif life most of the time

The dude has never played in a game, but I appreciate your foresight. 

• Like 2

Just saw a mock on CBSSports that had us taking Ryan Finley QB in the first. lol

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We have to replace Preston Smith as there is no way he’s coming back. Ideally that would be Sweat or Burns in the first. 

Why Burns? Hes 6'5 and not even 220 lbs. He would get thrown around like a ragdoll in the NFL. Like a tall CB.

Polite from Florida is more our style. Plus his workload has been against elite competition all year. 260lb sure tackling rusher.