Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

I graded him in the mid rounds he is accurate and he has good zip on the ball def not the biggest arm but can make the nfl throws. But we need help so sending a mid pick to add to the battle of the backups we’re gonna or should have next year I’m cool with whatever.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

No point in wasting picks on him. Can just nab him as a UDFA.

He will not last past the 5th or 6th round. He is getting drafted I have no doubt. And I believe he is playing in the Senior Bowl. If he shows out there, I can seem him climbing as high as the 4th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Yes. We saw the Pats reach and take a LSU QB in the later rounds last year. So miracles happen.

But when a guy is ranked lower than Francois and the 2 Jakes, Bentley and Browning. There is no way Id want to toss anything sooner than a 7th on him.

Francois for goodness sake. Thats like saying you lost a footrace to Eli Manning, but think you deserve a spot on the Olympic sprint team.

Okay...first question...

WHO is doing that ranking? Some rankings I have seen have him as the 8th best prospect. Others have him lower. 

Additionally, we agree that 2019 is not our year to grab a 1st round QB. We need to stink up the joint in 2019 so we have a high 2020 pick. But we STILL need to draft a QB. I don't want to wait to grab an UDFA for a QB. And Rypien will be available in Day 2 and Day 3. Which is perfect for where we will have extra picks to be able to use one on him

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Okay...first question...

WHO is doing that ranking? Some rankings I have seen have him as the 8th best prospect. Others have him lower. 

Additionally, we agree that 2019 is not our year to grab a 1st round QB. We need to stink up the joint in 2019 so we have a high 2020 pick. But we STILL need to draft a QB. I don't want to wait to grab an UDFA for a QB. And Rypien will be available in Day 2 and Day 3. Which is perfect for where we will have extra picks to be able to use one on him

Depends on where you go. But when you see a couple places list Francois or Jake Browning/Bentley above him. Thats a serious red flag to consider. I dont want to miss a guy like NDs Claypool or guard like McGary with our late 3rd pick. If hes there in the 6-7th, fine, I can deal with that. But any sooner and were passing up needed depth elsewhere.

We have extra picks. And a lot of holes. Corners OL and WRs should be the targets those days being deeper pools and needs.

9 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Depends on where you go. But when you see a couple places list Francois or Jake Browning/Bentley above him. Thats a serious red flag to consider. I dont want to miss a guy like NDs Claypool or guard like McGary with our late 3rd pick. If hes there in the 6-7th, fine, I can deal with that. But any sooner and were passing up needed depth elsewhere.

We have extra picks. And a lot of holes. Corners OL and WRs should be the targets those days being deeper pools and needs.

Francois just announced today he's going back to school, which is the right move for him bc he struggled coming off his awful knee injury from two years ago vs Bama.

Also, it's way too early to believe or know where any player will be drafted, except the few elite players in this draft like the top 3 to 5 elite defensive prospects and even then, teams may get in bidding wars for Haskins & Lock so they could leap frog even Bosa when it's all said in done.

They haven't even had the senior bowl yet, let a lone the combine or pro days/private workouts. All these projections now are going to change in a few months and some of them drastically.

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Okay...first question...

fwiw, I think Walter Football is trash when it comes to analysis, but I like their website for information purposes. He has Rypien at 19 behind McSorley, Fitzgerald, and some dude from Arkansas State named Justice Hansen.

NBC Sports has him 10. Drafttek 6. USA today 5. Ourlads 11. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

fwiw, I think Walter Football is trash when it comes to analysis, but I like their website for information purposes. He has Rypien at 19 behind McSorley, Fitzgerald, and some dude from Arkansas State named Justice Hansen.

NBC Sports has him 10. Drafttek 6. USA today 5. Ourlads 11. 

I believe in drafttek & ourlands more than anyone else.

9 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Only place I've seen him ranked behind those 2 is Walterfootball. And I no longer trust that site's rankings for anything.

But yeah, those extra picks should be going to CB and WR (and possibly a late round gem at LB?). But I think we can squeeze him in.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I'd love it if he was our pick. We need a Mike ILB like him and SDH can be the weakside and take Brown’s spot.

This has been my ideal pick for this team since picking Payne!!!! This guy is what this defense is missing completely and just look what happens to a defense when you add a Leonard or Smith for Chicago and Indy!!! We need Devin white and he would be BPA in any scenario because he’s my 7th best player overall in this draft because of all the stud DL talent I’ve got so many high grades this year on DL I don’t ever remember a class so heavy at a position I mean literally teams with DL needs shouldn’t have them after this draft like there’s no fall off until like the 9th or 10th guy and even they are good players. White or Harry are my pick. Unless a stud Edge guy falls I just don’t see that with the importance or Edge rushers

20 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

But when a guy is ranked lower than Francois and the 2 Jakes, Bentley and Browning. There is no way Id want to toss anything sooner than a 7th on him.

Francois for goodness sake. Thats like saying you lost a footrace to Eli Manning, but think you deserve a spot on the Olympic sprint team.

Those rankings are going to be shook up in the next two weeks as people see these guys in the various pre-draft bowls.