Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

What defines a "curse"? Recent history doesn't seem to back it up. I wouldn't say Mariota or Winston have been "cursed". Baker might be well on his way. Newton has been just fine. Jackson did well even if it wasn't pretty. 

I would say that Bradford, RG3, Manziel were and that Mariotta broke his leg a few years ago got to the playoffs and won bc of running game, defense and luck. The playoff game changed when Kelce was knocked out with a concussion and Mariott is meh anyways, Jameis was suspended and has been very inconsistent, he hasn't often played like a #1 pick.

Edited by turtle28

Who in front of us are likely to go Q B in round 1 ? The Giants, Jags, Broncos, Bengals ???, Packers to groom behind Rogers ???, Dolphins , moving on from Tannehill. Sure would leave us slim pickings if we take the 7th Q B in round one . I'm pretty sure all of those 6 teams won't go Q B but 3 or 4 sure could. 

What do you draft Gurus see of this scenario? Also, doesn't take into account trade-ups ! 

8 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Who in front of us are likely to go Q B in round 1 ? The Giants, Jags, Broncos, Bengals ???, Packers to groom behind Rogers ???, Dolphins , moving on from Tannehill. Sure would leave us slim pickings if we take the 7th Q B in round one . I'm pretty sure all of those 6 teams won't go Q B but 3 or 4 sure could. 

What do you draft Gurus see of this scenario? Also, doesn't take into account trade-ups ! 

Honestly, this isn't the year for QB.  While I like Will Grier, I'm not sure he's worth the draft pick with the prospects coming out over the next two years.  Obviously, that can change, as QBs are usually the one position where players return for another season (like Herbert with Oregon) so we will have to see.  I would like to invest in at least someone in the mid-rounds as a development QB, but if someone like Grier maybe falls into the third, that's a good value play that probably can't be ignored. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Honestly, this isn't the year for QB.  While I like Will Grier, I'm not sure he's worth the draft pick with the prospects coming out over the next two years.  Obviously, that can change, as QBs are usually the one position where players return for another season (like Herbert with Oregon) so we will have to see.  I would like to invest in at least someone in the mid-rounds as a development QB, but if someone like Grier maybe falls into the third, that's a good value play that probably can't be ignored. 

I agree. Grier was my guy this season if he is there in the third pull the trigger. I just feel like there’s so much defensive talent round one or a guy like Harry it be had to justify the talent in rd 1 to select a QB. I do like Murray and jones but there’s players I wouldn’t pass on for those guys!!!! 

This team would be crazy to pass on Kyler Murray. I think he has that it factor that turns franchises around ala Baker Mayfield. I don't think he'll be there at #15 because I don't see both the Broncos & Dolphins passing on him. Nonetheless, he makes this draft a lot more interesting!

28 minutes ago, taylor made said:

This team would be crazy to pass on Kyler Murray. I think he has that it factor that turns franchises around ala Baker Mayfield. I don't think he'll be there at #15 because I don't see both the Broncos & Dolphins passing on him. Nonetheless, he makes this draft a lot more interesting!

Isn’t he 5’10”?

51 minutes ago, taylor made said:

They won’t have to pass on him. There’s absolute no way he would come and play here when he has other options like baseball. We can’t wven fire our defensive coordinator because nobody else will take the job. Why in the hell would he agree to play in this toxic environment?

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Isn’t he 5’10”?

I dont think hes that. But its his weight that more concerns me. In the 180 range. In this division, theres some monster defensemen. Fletcher Cox at 310 with all LBs at 240 and up to 265, those 2 superstar Dallas LBs Jalon is 230, Vander at 260. DEs Lawrence 270 and Crawford 290.

He got banged up some against B12 defenses. Which is basically saying he was getting banged up using an All Star college unit taking on high school defenses.

4 hours ago, taylor made said:

He's 5'9, and yeah, there are some shorter QBs who succeed, but they're rare and Drew Brees is probably one of the few examples, and Kyler Murray probably doesn't come close to his knowledge of the game.  There is no reason for this team to take Kyler Murray beyond trying to reinvigorate the fans and to save Bruce Allen's job.  He's RGIII 2.0 

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont think hes that. But its his weight that more concerns me. In the 180 range. In this division, theres some monster defensemen. Fletcher Cox at 310 with all LBs at 240 and up to 265, those 2 superstar Dallas LBs Jalon is 230, Vander at 260. DEs Lawrence 270 and Crawford 290.

He got banged up some against B12 defenses. Which is basically saying he was getting banged up using an All Star college unit taking on high school defenses.

Baker got beat up a few times in the big 12. Murray is a solid 5’-8” max 5’-9”. But that said he looks pretty solid for his size and it’s about a players ability to protect himself. He’s exciting!!! I’m not sold on Haskins though I do think he will succeed in the league but he or Jones are more ideal because their size and pocket ability. But the best this team has looked in my life was with RG. Open running lanes and we have backs that could just feast and wear teams down with the moble game. You don’t want them running Lamar ball Kyler can spin it!! If we can play Wilson or Mahomes ball I’m with it!!! Now does our staff maximize this player and use him properly I have doubts! But other then Harry or maybe just maybe the guard from Georgia my pick is Devin white or Murray. I think with Guice AP and Thompson this offense could be insane.