Jump to content
Doc Draper

Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

What's the scoop on this W V QB Grier ? Great game and win over Texas. Is he mobile? Good size. Any W V's fan in here  ?

He's pretty much a consensus first round prospect.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

He's pretty much a consensus first round prospect.  

I'd be cool with taking him in round one. As long as we don't have to trade up too far or maybe at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

What's the scoop on this W V QB Grier ? Great game and win over Texas. Is he mobile? Good size. Any W V's fan in here  ?

If Jake Locker and Christian Ponder had a kid. And that kid went in the 1st round to some desperate team and busted. His name would be Grier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

If Jake Locker and Christian Ponder had a kid. And that kid went in the 1st round to some desperate team and busted. His name would be Grier.

As an FSU fan, I can tell you that Grier isn't even somewhat similar to Ponder. Christian Ponder was trash. Jake Locker on the other hand, I can't say too much about. Didn't really watch Locker in college. But based off what I saw in NFL, I don't know how Grier compares to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

As an FSU fan, I can tell you that Grier isn't even somewhat similar to Ponder. Christian Ponder was trash. Jake Locker on the other hand, I can't say too much about. Didn't really watch Locker in college. But based off what I saw in NFL, I don't know how Grier compares to him. 

Locker was a sheer athlete that could sling it in college. Ponder could dump into pockets pretty well if nothing else. Ponders touch + Lockers arm/athletic ability. Thats how I see Grier. I give him a 10% chance on panning out and amounting to anything. Which is actually 10% more than I gave Locker or Ponder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

As an FSU fan, I can tell you that Grier isn't even somewhat similar to Ponder. Christian Ponder was trash. Jake Locker on the other hand, I can't say too much about. Didn't really watch Locker in college. But based off what I saw in NFL, I don't know how Grier compares to him. 

Locker was similar to Tim Tebow in college.  Basically a FB playing QB that could make some throws but couldn't go through progressions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both those names were on our radar when they came out..shows how hard it is to get a decent Q B. Only 10 really goods in the entire world , 10 good ones and 10 you probably would like to replace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Locker was a sheer athlete that could sling it in college. Ponder could dump into pockets pretty well if nothing else. Ponders touch + Lockers arm/athletic ability. Thats how I see Grier. I give him a 10% chance on panning out and amounting to anything. Which is actually 10% more than I gave Locker or Ponder.

I think you’ve hated every QB that has come out in the last 5 years lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think you’ve hated every QB that has come out in the last 5 years lol

No. I said last years was about as good a qb draft as there could ever be. Liked Mahomes but not Goff or Wentz.

But if I did hate all of them. Id have still been right on 80%. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 2:40 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

If Jake Locker and Christian Ponder had a kid. And that kid went in the 1st round to some desperate team and busted. His name would be Grier.

What? Will Grier is not even close to similar players as those two.

Grier has a cannon for an arm, Ponder had average arm strength at best.

Jake Locker struggled from the pocket and with accuracy. Will Grier excels in the pocket and is a prototypical pocket passing qb.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

What? Will Grier is not even close to similar players as those two.

Grier has a cannon for an arm, Ponder had average arm strength at best.

Jake Locker struggled from the pocket and with accuracy. Will Grier excels in the pocket and is a prototypical pocket passing qb.

Grier is more like them than his own parents. His parents never had the chance to enter the draft and be a first round bust. But Locker and Ponder did.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2018 at 1:31 PM, MKnight82 said:

I really like MLB Josh Allen from Kentucky.  

Me too man. Mark it down! We agree

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Grier is more like them than his own parents. His parents never had the chance to enter the draft and be a first round bust. But Locker and Ponder did.

You might be the only person who thinks that way. I’m not saying he’s destined to be an nfl great, but anyone who watches him can see he has more qualities of an nfl starting qb than the guys you’re comparing him too.

I’d say Grier is a more polished version of Josh Allen as a prospect. He’s big, athletic, has a big arm and is sneaky athletic. I wouldn’t take him in the top 10 - I think he’s more a late 1st or early 2nd round guy - but just like Josh Allen and every QB, he’ll get pushed up the draft boards to a QB needy team and probably go in the top 15, and maybe top 10.

He’s everything you look for in a starting pocket passing qb, and he’s a great leader. The one thing he has to work on is accuracy.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Me too man. Mark it down! We agree

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You might be the only person who thinks that way. I’m not saying he’s destined to be an nfl great, but anyone who watches him can see he has more qualities of an nfl starting qb than the guys you’re comparing him too.

I’d say Grier is a more polished version of Josh Allen as a prospect. He’s big, athletic, has a big arm and is sneaky athletic. I wouldn’t take him in the top 10 - I think he’s more a late 1st or early 2nd round guy - but just like Josh Allen and every QB, he’ll get pushed up the draft boards to a QB needy team and probably go in the top 15, and maybe top 10.

He’s everything you look for in a starting pocket passing qb, and he’s a great leader. The one thing he has to work on is accuracy.

So long as its not tossing a 1st at him. I wouldnt mind him to sit and develop for a year.

Hes got to get rid of the ball as plays are developing. 33 counted rushes for -60+ yards. It doesnt seem hes always finding guys and takes a loss when he doesnt.

He upped and bailed on Florida because he had competition. Hed rather leave after a banned substance suspension than compete against 2 poor qbs he could have beat out for the job if he stayed and tried.  So I question what you say about leadership. I saw his FLUFF piece on College Gameday saying this and that. But it was a fluff piece that did more harm than good I think. Cause he comes off an entitled prick I thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×