Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

He also mentioned drafting Will Grier, so it would be building around the rookie, not Smith.

I get that. What I’m saying is we couldn’t score last year because our offense was hampered by a guy who hampers every offense he plays QB for. I honestly think we will score more points with Keenum. But I’d be happy with Grier and I think he’d score more points than Smith as well. 

Good news is, we would have to try really hard to be even crappier on offense this season than we were last year. Even the wins we had the offense sputtered out way too often. We couldn't hardly score on the Bucs, that's saying something. Our second half scoring was abysmal in nearly every game we played.

I'll give Colt McCoy credit though for one thing, he may not have a strong arm or be smart in his decision making all the time but he will try to push the ball down the field,  he cares and hes fun to watch. When we signed Smith I felt bad for him, I do think he deserves a chance to start the season out. Might be naive but I also believe if he stayed healthy we would have snuck into the playoffs.

Can't help but like him, don't know why. I will be a little irritated if Keenum starts the season over him. If they're close ride with Colt and get a rookie ready 

32 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

Good news is, we would have to try really hard to be even crappier on offense this season than we were last year. Even the wins we had the offense sputtered out way too often. We couldn't hardly score on the Bucs, that's saying something. Our second half scoring was abysmal in nearly every game we played.

I'll give Colt McCoy credit though for one thing, he may not have a strong arm or be smart in his decision making all the time but he will try to push the ball down the field,  he cares and hes fun to watch. When we signed Smith I felt bad for him, I do think he deserves a chance to start the season out. Might be naive but I also believe if he stayed healthy we would have snuck into the playoffs.

Can't help but like him, don't know why. I will be a little irritated if Keenum starts the season over him. If they're close ride with Colt and get a rookie ready 

The only way we’d be worse on offense this year is if we have as many or more injuries than we've had the last two years. Which, is hard to fathom, but possible.

It's really hard to put up a lot of points when 3 of your top receiving options are hurt most of the year and you're 4th best-receiving option - who was a former 1st round pick - fails to show up consistently no matter who is throwing them the ball.

I mean, do we really think we had better receiving options than Emmanuel Sanders, Demaryius Thomas and Courtland Sutton?

Let's put that in perspective.

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The only way we’d be worse on offense this year is if we have as many or more injuries than we've had the last two years. Which, is hard to fathom, but possible.

It's really hard to put up a lot of points when 3 of your top receiving options are hurt most of the year and you're 4th best-receiving option - who was a former 1st round pick - fails to show up consistently no matter who is throwing them the ball.

I mean, do we really think we had better receiving options than Emmanuel Sanders, Demaryius Thomas and Courtland Sutton?

Let's put that in perspective.

And your starting QB is unwilling to throw downfield more than two or three times a game ... and by downfield, I'm talking more than 10-15 air yards.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Woz said:

And your starting QB is unwilling to throw downfield more than two or three times a game ... and by downfield, I'm talking more than 10-15 air yards.

Who the eff was he throwing to? Maurice Harris and a street FA Michael Floyd? 

PRich was hurt early in the year and played through multiple injuries the first half of the year before being shut down for the year. Crowder was hurt early in the year and missed most of the year, as did Thompsom. Doctson hasn't gotten open regularly for either of our starting QB's the last two year.

Then, Alex broke his leg. I'm sure that's all Alex’s fault though right?

Edited by turtle28

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Who the eff was he throwing to? Maurice Harris and a street FA Michael Floyd? 

PRich was hurt early in the year and played through multiple injuries the first half of the year before being shut down for the year. Crowder was hurt early in the year and missed most of the year, as did Thompsom. Doctson hasn't gotten open regularly for either of our starting QB's the last two year.

There's a difference between not completing passes and not trying. We've gone over this before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woz said:

There's a difference between not completing passes and not trying. We've gone over this before.

You're talking to a brick wall. We explain it. And then the same excuses get brought up again. We explain again why those excuses are invalid. Then it gets brought up again.

It's like every time I wake up I hear the radio playing "I Got You Babe"

My first mock from drafttek 

1: R1P15

OT JAWAAN TAYLOR
FLORIDA
2: R2P14

CHRIS LINDSTROM
BOSTON COLLEGE
3: R3P12

TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M
4: R3P32

WR PARRIS CAMPBELL
OHIO STATE
5: R5P15

EDGE PORTER GUSTIN
USC
6: R5P35

EDGE D'ANDRE WALKER
GEORGIA
7: R6P33

QB CLAYTON THORSON
NORTHWESTERN

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

OT JAWAAN TAYLOR
FLORIDA

CHRIS LINDSTROM
BOSTON COLLEGE

TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M

WR PARRIS CAMPBELL
OHIO STATE

EDGE PORTER GUSTIN
USC

EDGE D'ANDRE WALKER
GEORGIA

QB CLAYTON THORSON
NORTHWESTERN

I did a Mock and I also had J Taylor and C Lindstrom as my 2 first picks. I also had Parris Campbell and Thorson as well. I think OT and OG are priority especially after last year. 

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

OT JAWAAN TAYLOR
FLORIDA

CHRIS LINDSTROM
BOSTON COLLEGE

TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M

WR PARRIS CAMPBELL
OHIO STATE

EDGE PORTER GUSTIN
USC

EDGE D'ANDRE WALKER
GEORGIA

QB CLAYTON THORSON
NORTHWESTERN

I’m curious why you think OT is a first round need?