Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You might be the only person who thinks that way. I’m not saying he’s destined to be an nfl great, but anyone who watches him can see he has more qualities of an nfl starting qb than the guys you’re comparing him too.

I’d say Grier is a more polished version of Josh Allen as a prospect. He’s big, athletic, has a big arm and is sneaky athletic. I wouldn’t take him in the top 10 - I think he’s more a late 1st or early 2nd round guy - but just like Josh Allen and every QB, he’ll get pushed up the draft boards to a QB needy team and probably go in the top 15, and maybe top 10.

Wut?

Grier is probably 3-4 inches shorter than Allen, and 20 pounds less (at least). I don't think Grier is "big" for an NFL QB. He's probably more Andy Dalton.

Grier actually reminds me of the current Vikings QB. A little less arm than the Vikings QB, more fluid athlete. Gets a little antsy under pressure. Dalton was a good comparison too. I think he has a good chance to become a pretty solid NFL QB.

I really love Josh Allen, but I don't see him getting to us. If the injuries really take a major toll on us (and our record), might be in position to land him. Would love to have the chance to mold him into a versatile, destructive force at either LB spot.

A guy I absolutely love in the modern NFL is Hollywood Brown. Won't ever be your traditional "#1 receiver," but in today's game you can excel with guys like Antonio Brown and Tyreek Hill and Brandin Cooks as your top offensive weapon. He would give us an element we haven't had since Santana Moss.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Wut?

Grier is probably 3-4 inches shorter than Allen, and 20 pounds less (at least). I don't think Grier is "big" for an NFL QB. He's probably more Andy Dalton.

Fair enough, I thought he was 6’5, I see he’s only 6’3 and weighs 15 pounds less than Allen. Grier looks bigger than that on the field, my bad.

He still has a strong arm though.

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Didn’t Grier get kicked out Florida? 

He got suspended for using illegal substances for a year. Which would of put his return at game 6 the following season. So he took the whole season off to transfer because his position wasnt secure enough there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Fair enough, I thought he was 6’5, I see he’s only 6’3 and weighs 15 pounds less than Allen. Grier looks bigger than that on the field, my bad.

He still has a strong arm though.

Its all over the place for him. I see 6'1 214lbs, I see 6'2 223, and 6'3 220s. lol

We shall find out Combine or ProDay.

Would a late round pick tossed at 5'11 McKenzie Milton have anyone questioning because of his size?

By far leading the nation with 111 20+ yard connections. He pushes the ball down field and is dual threat. But seeing over and around guys like Moses, Brandon and Trent would seem almost impossible.

If he was 6'4 hed be the top qb taken this draft lol.

I’ll change it up. IMO I know DL isn’t a priority need but if we have a shot to draft J Simmons/Miss St or Q Williams/Alabama in the first round I think we would be foolish not to. They are awesome. BPA regardless. I know it depends on how the draft falls but?  If a QB is where they’re going, don’t think 2019 QB draft class is anything special. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

6 hours ago, Woz said:

I get that it's the glory position and that we have a 35 year old boat anchor, but the fact that this thread has focused almost solely on QB since I last posted hurts my heart.

Me too, it’s almost definitely not the positon we will take in round 1. Round 1 is most likely to be a LB (either ILB or OLB), a WR or CB if Norman is cut. Heck, we may even take an interior OL, from what I can tell from early mock drafts there are two OG/C types that are projected to go in round 1 at this point.

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If you don’t have a QB, you don’t have a chance. 

Yes, but we shouldn’t just draft a QB just because we don’t have a guy who’s playing like a pro bowler. We can’t reach for a guy. If we draft a QB in round 1 or 2, we need to believe he could be the guy long term! We can’t force the issue.

Edited by turtle28