Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

Looking into the tweets and rumors going around it looks like the giants are all in on Eli and commited to him.

with that said I think the

Cards take Murray 

giants trade for rosen

Cincy takes Dwayne haskins

broncos take lock 

Miami takes jones

should be some really good impact players there for us, who do you guys decide on of the possibilities being

Ferrel OLB

Sweat OLB

Burns OLB

Williams CB

Hockenson TE

Murphy CB

Ford OG

I personally would take Ferrel or Williams but a trade down for extra picks could be worth it for us as well with the talent that’s still on the board.

could possibly grab an extra 2nd or 3rd

7 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Looking into the tweets and rumors going around it looks like the giants are all in on Eli and commited to him.

Cards take Murray 

giants trade for rosen

broncos take lock 

Miami takes jones

should be some really good impact players there for us, who do you guys decide on of the possibilities being

Ferrel OLB

Sweat OLB

Burns OLB

Williams CB

Hockenson TE

Murphy CB

Ford OG

I personally would take Ferrel or Williams but a trade down for extra picks could be worth it for us as well with the talent that’s still on the board.

Why would the Giants trade for Rosen when they could draft Haskins or Lock without having to trade away a draft pick.

i think the Dolphins trade for Rosen and I definitely agree with you that there’s going to be a boatload of non-QB  talent available for us at 15 and I hope we take one of them rather than reaching for a QB.

As for trading down, I’d rather stay where we are and take BPA.

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Cards take Murray 

giants trade for rosen

broncos take lock 

Miami takes jones

Ferrel OLB

Sweat OLB

Burns OLB

Williams CB

Hockenson TE

Murphy CB

Ford OG

I would love for 4 qbs to be picked before us. The talent pool we would have to select from would be massive. And because that pushes all the actual talent back 4 slots, trading back wouldnt be a bad option.

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Why would the Giants trade for Rosen when they could draft Haskins or Lock without having to trade away a draft pick.

Potentially getting a better player with their 2nd round pick than they could with either of their firsts?

34 minutes ago, Woz said:

Potentially getting a better player with their 2nd round pick than they could with either of their firsts?

So then why wouldn’t we just make the trade lol. We’re going to win 7 games with this defense, OL and running game. We won’t be anywhere close to be able to ****** one of the top QBs again next year. 

Food for thought: since Tony Gonzalez in 1998, how many 1st round draft pick TEs have really lived up to their lofty selection?

I’d say Greg Olsen (pick 31 in 2007) probably has. After him, I think the best possibilities are Vernon Davis (pick 6 in 2006), Jeremy Shockey (pick 14 in 2002), or Heath Miller (pick 30 in 2005). I’m not sure any of those teams would still use that pick on the player, knowing how things have turned out. And honestly Miller is probably the most likely option in my eyes, having been picked at the end of the 1st and having been a paragon of durability and well-rounded TE play for PIT for a decade. 

Anyway, I guess the point is that the most successful 1st round TE in the last decade has been Jermaine Gresham. With Eric Ebron perhaps nipping at his disappointing heels. Is this really a position where we feel investing a 1st round pick is necessary and/or appropriate?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Anyway, I guess the point is that the most successful 1st round TE in the last decade has been Jermaine Gresham. With Eric Ebron perhaps nipping at his disappointing heels. Is this really a position where we feel investing a 1st round pick is necessary and/or appropriate?

And there's been 4 of those years with no first round draft picks at Tight End. So its a very small sample size for a decade.

Most of the 1st round Tight Ends have been 'safe' picks. So its all about risk/reward. Very few have completely busted so if you are more of a conservative drafter, it is pretty obvious that Hockensen will be at least a solid player with a chance to be a Pro Bowl player.  He's not a guy that will get a GM fired that is for sure.

Edited by taylor made

7 minutes ago, taylor made said:

And there's been 4 of those years with no first round draft picks at Tight End. So its a very small sample size for a decade.

Most of the 1st round Tight Ends have been 'safe' picks. So its all about risk/reward. Very few have completely busted so if you are more of a conservative drafter, it is pretty obvious that Hockensen will be at least a solid player with a chance to be a Pro Bowl player.  He's not a guy that will get a GM fired that is for sure.

If Hockenson won't get the Redskins President and GM FIRED, then I definitely don't want him! 

😆 

• Like 1