Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

If that's true, then I'll be the first to say I'm on board. Not nearly as much as the RG3 trade and still would give us 3 picks in first 3 rounds this year. Haskins, Deebo, and Winovich. And then hope like hell Ben Powers is there in the 5th.

Just now, Skins212689 said:

I wouldn't want to give up next years 2nd. So if Haskins was to be the target, I'd offer #15 and our two 3rd round picks from this years draft. 

I'm with you. I don't like trading Day 1 and Day 2 picks unless I'm getting a next year's 1st out of the deal

• Like 1

10 hours ago, taylor made said:

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

It's a 300 point move according to this chart. So I think both of our 3rd round picks gets it done. Or our 2nd this year. I'm not sure what next year draft picks are valued at. But I'm in agreement with you and and made a whole thread on Haskins. I'm a fan and the value seems like a good deal for a potential franchise QB if he falls past the Giants. I don't think he gets past the Dolphins at #12.

You've got Tu'a Tagavailoa from Bama, Justin Herbert from Oregon (if he came out this year, he's consensus #1 overall), Jake Fromm from UGA are all better prospects than any of the QBs this year for sure.  If Jacob Eason has a fantastic year with Washington, he could join them and be a 10-20 overall pick depending on QB needs.  It is the smart play to wait until next year.  It will depend on next season, but KJ Costello coming out of Stanford could be a good prospect and a potential first rounder as well, and I'd have both him and Eason ranked above Haskins and Murray due to the fact they are actual quarterbacks first, and have plenty of experience in pro-style offenses. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I wouldn’t even use 15 on Haskins much less trade up for him.  He has one year of starting experience.

It's an interesting argument - I'm trying to think of QBs who've been successful in the NFL with one year experience. Mitchell Trubisky comes to mind and I'm not sure of any others. Trubisky has been pretty average in my opinion but his career is just starting so we'll see.

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

It's an interesting argument - I'm trying to think of QBs who've been successful in the NFL with one year experience. Mitchell Trubisky comes to mind and I'm not sure of any others. Trubisky has been pretty average in my opinion but his career is just starting so we'll see.

But Trubisky doesn’t have the tape Haskins has. Trubiski was a late riser in what they called a weak class which included the most winning college QB in DeSean Watson who I loved and Pat Mahomes who I also really liked!!!! I’ve completely graded Haskins his arm is crazy!!!! Pretty quick delivery for a guy who puts zip on the ball like him. He can spin it and throw into windows. He just didn’t take enough chances. But I tell you what, I’m a absolute Ohio state hater. But this guy looked amazing in the biggest moments of the season. And he is by far the best Urban Myer QB I’ve ever broken down by far!!!! And he’s a hometown kid. IMO it’s between him or Lock. That’s the only reason you make the trade for Keenum. Both of those guys have something that needs work. Consistency. I believe you only get that by playing but I don’t see Gruden starting a player that isn’t ready. Just my opinion on the Haskins topic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

But Trubisky doesn’t have the tape Haskins has. Trubiski was a late riser in what they called a weak class which included the most winning college QB in DeSean Watson who I loved and Pat Mahomes who I also really liked!!!! I’ve completely graded Haskins his arm is crazy!!!! Pretty quick delivery for a guy who puts zip on the ball like him. He can spin it and throw into windows. He just didn’t take enough chances. But I tell you what, I’m a absolute Ohio state hater. But this guy looked amazing in the biggest moments of the season. And he is by far the best Urban Myer QB I’ve ever broken down by far!!!! And he’s a hometown kid. IMO it’s between him or Lock. That’s the only reason you make the trade for Keenum. Both of those guys have something that needs work. Consistency. I believe you only get that by playing but I don’t see Gruden starting a player that isn’t ready. Just my opinion on the Haskins topic.

Agreeed, Haskins has amazing arm talent, a quick release, has the size and has a great head on his shoulders. I don’t think the only 1 year of starting experience worry fits with Haskins if you actually watched him play almost every game this past year and two years Ago Michigan game when he came off cold off the bench and out performed Barrett in the time he was in there for him. I mean Haskins was so good this year that he was literally the only reason Ohio State had a chance at the playoffs. I understand they hype over Murray bc he’s a dual threat guy, but Haskins out performs Murray by a lot in the pocket.

I don’t know how anyone can watch him play and not come away impressed with him as a QB. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

http://www.theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/75649/Combine-tests-reveal-Montez-Sweat-has-heart-condition

He might need a parachute to stop his slide .. unfortunate for him-obviously . Wish him a long life and good health !

Unless it's a more serious condition than anybody is letting on -- and I kinda doubt it, given that they let Sweat continue his workout at the combine instead of being sent home like Maurice Hurst was last year -- his slide should stop with us. 

We need a long, athletic pass-rusher on the edge in the worst way. Watching this guy play, you see the elite ability flash in the way he turns the corner and closes down on the QB. Once he gets more coaching in terms of using his hands. his ludicrously long arms will become even more of a weapon. 

Pass rushers always come with risk. But this guy is a better prospect (in my book) than Marcus Davenport, who went #14 (following a big trade up) last season. If we could get him at #15 due to this heart condition news, that would be great for us. Hopefully the kid is okay, and will remain okay -- but that would be a very fortunate turn of events for us.

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Unless it's a more serious condition than anybody is letting on -- and I kinda doubt it, given that they let Sweat continue his workout at the combine instead of being sent home like Maurice Hurst was last year -- his slide should stop with us. 

We need a long, athletic pass-rusher on the edge in the worst way. Watching this guy play, you see the elite ability flash in the way he turns the corner and closes down on the QB. Once he gets more coaching in terms of using his hands. his ludicrously long arms will become even more of a weapon. 

Pass rushers always come with risk. But this guy is a better prospect (in my book) than Marcus Davenport, who went #14 (following a big trade up) last season. If we could get him at #15 due to this heart condition news, that would be great for us. Hopefully the kid is okay, and will remain okay -- but that would be a very fortunate turn of events for us.

Nooooo, Marcus Davenport is the best!  lol

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 6:52 AM, taylor made said:

Tom Brady only started his Junior year and then split time as a senior. Not saying Haskins is Brady esque. In Fact 

Edited by Doc Draper