Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

29 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Polite had one of the worst combines ever 

Didnt know about that. His on field play was top notch. 28.5 tackles in the backfield. Didnt think I needed to pay attention to the combine, but yeah, looked and its bad.

And the whining over the team meetings. lol... Gators gonna Gator.

• Like 1

On a serious note, this is basically the board I’m envisioning when I say I’d prefer to trade down if Sweat and White are both off the board (and here, even Burns and Bush are off the board too!). 

Since I can’t trade down, I would take Deandre Baker.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, e16bball said:

On a serious note, this is basically the board I’m envisioning when I say I’d prefer to trade down if Sweat and White are both off the board (and here, even Burns and Bush are off the board too!). 

Since I can’t trade down, I would take Deandre Baker.

As a UGA fan, I'm a big fan of Baker.  You can never have too many DBs, and Josh Norman may only be around one more season.  I'm also worried about Dunbar's nerve injury, it is always possible he goes the way of Jarrett, so we definitely need some reinforcement in the secondary.  

14 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

For that mock my choices would be between...

1.Greedy

2.Polite

3. Anybody but Lock

I spent some time watching Greedy this morning after court — man, he’s impressive. 

The weird thing is that he has those long arms, but he basically never uses his hands (unless he feels like he got beat directly off the line). Even in press. You would think a guy with that kinda length would be trying to get his hands on the other guy, jam him, slow him down or re-direct him, all that good stuff — especially in college, where they still let you get physical with a receiver on rare occasions. 

Not him. He just plays the position with his foot, and damn if he’s not in their hip pocket pretty much every route. It’s very impressive. You just never see him get badly beaten. Add in a little more hand-fighting to use that length to his advantage and he could really be a lock-down guy. 

He definitely doesn’t like to tackle, but he will throw his body in there against those screens and outside runs. And he has a little habit of trying to bait QBs into making throws on hitches and comebacks especially — which is obviously how he picked up 7 INTs two seasons ago, but also does result in some of the few receptions he allows. 

I’d be perfectly happy if they took him at 15 now. 

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I just like too many QBs in the 2020 draft, but Allen could go with a QB this year, which I don't think is a smart decision. 

We're probably going to have to trade up for Tua, Fromm or Herbert. I'd do it if we don't take a qb in round 1 this year but just keep that in mind too.

Because we traded for Keenum well probably win 7 games again instead if losing double-digit games.