Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

Just now, turtle28 said:

Even more reason why we should draft him. You draft off of a players tape, not the underwear Olympics 

The reason why it was such a bad combine has very little to do with the underwear portion of the combine. I guess all the extra weight he put on and the terrible 40 that closely preceded him faking a hamstring injury to get out of the rest of the drills might technically qualify as “underwear Olympics.” 

The interview and press conference dumpster fires, however, pretty much just basic job interview stuff that went horribly awry...

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

The reason why it was such a bad combine has very little to do with the underwear portion of the combine. I guess all the extra weight he put on and the terrible 40 that closely preceded him faking a hamstring injury to get out of the rest of the drills might technically qualify as “underwear Olympics.” 

The interview and press conference dumpster fires, however, pretty much just basic job interview stuff that went horribly awry...

I want Football Players. 😆 

28 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Ya Polite seems to have Ryan Anderson's athleticism (or lack thereof) combined with Aldon Smith's personality.  

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya Polite seems to have Ryan Anderson's athleticism (or lack thereof) combined with Aldon Smith's personality.  

In a draft full of pass rushers if this guy is drawing comparisons to Aldon Smith I’ll wait for him in the 3rd round or later

Edited by bigdog44
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

So Alabama pro day was today, doesn't seem as though Skins had anyone there watching those guys. Anyone know anything different? 

I tuned in to some of it. I didnt see anything Redskins come to think of it. Was cool seeing Saban and Belichick hanging out.

Wasnt much to it really. Watched some of the linemen drills. Most looked like a waste of time cause every senior participated, so was like 10% of the time someone draftable was being shown. 1 wr has been at bama for 4 years, never started, played in 13 games those 4 years. I stopped watching when they were about to run him through 10 mins of drills.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I tuned in to some of it. I didnt see anything Redskins come to think of it. Was cool seeing Saban and Belichick hanging out.

Wasnt much to it really. Watched some of the linemen drills. Most looked like a waste of time cause every senior participated, so was like 10% of the time someone draftable was being shown. 1 wr has been at bama for 4 years, never started, played in 13 games those 4 years. I stopped watching when they were about to run him through 10 mins of drills.

Thanks

Seems like the Murray and Arizona match is heating up again with the head coach and GM going to Oklahoma to meet with him today.

I don't really know at this point if we land Rosen or not, wouldn't mind it if the value isn't a first rounder unless we moved back to the first pick in the second round.

But with teams like the Giants, Dolphins, and maybe the Bengals would be in play also I cant see how our first pick isn't a qb. I believe the QB floor would be Drew Lock for us at 15.

Call me crazy but I think the Giants are up to something when they traded Beckham. Might be some backdoor maneuvering to land Rosen with their second round pick which is higher than ours.

I hear things like the Chargers and Pat's as being landing spots for Rosen but I just don't see it. Belichick doesn't seem to use draft capital that way and the Chargers are only a player or two from being Super bowl contenders now.

So to get to the point I'm trying to make here is I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Dwayne Haskins is looking at us right in the face at 15. Especially if Miami is tanking for 2020

12 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

Seems like the Murray and Arizona match is heating up again with the head coach and GM going to Oklahoma to meet with him today.

I don't really know at this point if we land Rosen or not, wouldn't mind it if the value isn't a first rounder unless we moved back to the first pick in the second round.

But with teams like the Giants, Dolphins, and maybe the Bengals would be in play also I cant see how our first pick isn't a qb. I believe the QB floor would be Drew Lock for us at 15.

Call me crazy but I think the Giants are up to something when they traded Beckham. Might be some backdoor maneuvering to land Rosen with their second round pick which is higher than ours.

I hear things like the Chargers and Pat's as being landing spots for Rosen but I just don't see it. Belichick doesn't seem to use draft capital that way and the Chargers are only a player or two from being Super bowl contenders now.

So to get to the point I'm trying to make here is I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Dwayne Haskins is looking at us right in the face at 15. Especially if Miami is tanking for 2020

During the Bama pro day. Half the talk was about the Pats going after Rosen. Basically all agreeing that Rosen is much better than any 32nd pick that could be gotten. One guy kept shouting, "Rosen is worth more than any pick at 15. The Redskins need to do this."

• Like 1

I saw it too, I don't think we would give up pick 15 though. I could be wrong but if Arizona does indeed take Murray before trading Rosen they will lose a ton of leverage. Best thing they could do is let the league know he is for sale to have some time to drive up the market for him. Definitely going to be interesting 

25 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

During the Bama pro day. Half the talk was about the Pats going after Rosen. Basically all agreeing that Rosen is much better than any 32nd pick that could be gotten. One guy kept shouting, "Rosen is worth more than any pick at 15. The Redskins need to do this."

I definitely think the Pats or someone would give up a late first for Rosen. I think the Dolphins would give up 10 for Rosen also and definitely their 2nd round pick.

If it becomes a bidding war - and it probably will amongst a few teams - well probably be forced to trade our 1st in order to get him if we want him.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I definitely think the Pats or someone would give up a late first for Rosen. I think the Dolphins would give up 10 for Rosen also and definitely their 2nd round pick.

If it becomes a bidding war - and it probably will amongst a few teams - well probably be forced to trade our 1st in order to get him if we want him.

Then the GMs are morons. Sorry. You know the Cards have to move on. You don't bid so high you turn what should be a firesale by the Cards into selling a Picasso

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Then the GMs are morons. Sorry. You know the Cards have to move on. You don't bid so high you turn what should be a firesale by the Cards into selling a Picasso

Exactly! This is a problem for the Cardinals and the rest of the NFL knows it. Same darn reason Antonio Brown only recouped a 3rd. Ask the Steelers how much Rosen is worth if Arizona has to move on

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

That's fine to say that, but if you want Rosen and the Pats are going to give up #32 to get Rosen, then you'd have to give up your 1st to get him in order to beat the Pats offer.