Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

On 11/16/2018 at 11:08 AM, Woz said:

The last few posts warm my heart. Yay for discussion of non-QBs! :)  (do not interpret that to mean that I don't want to address the QB situation, just that the board is discussing other positions)

Well no more warming woz's heart lol,We are now a QB needy team for the next draft.

• Like 3

I wonder if news like this happening to QBs encourages guys like Daniel Jones to not stay in school.

We need a qb heavy draft regardless. Someone is bound to pan out testing them if the draft is thick enough of them.

Maybe take 2 or so. An early pick, one later, and a UDFA or 2. Worked when we had Cousins to fall back on from out the 4th after going early.

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I wonder if news like this happening to QBs encourages guys like Daniel Jones to not stay in school.

We need a qb heavy draft regardless. Someone is bound to pan out testing them if the draft is thick enough of them.

Maybe take 2 or so. An early pick, one later, and a UDFA or 2. Worked when we had Cousins to fall back on from out the 4th after going early.

I know you hate him but I think Lock is the best bet for us. Big arm, gun slinger and Gruden finally gets his guy who’s willing to take shots. Plus he can run. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I know you hate him but I think Lock is the best bet for us. Big arm, gun slinger and Gruden finally gets his guy who’s willing to take shots. Plus he can run. 

I only hate him as an early pick. If we go BPA and theres a guy with a 90% chance of starting, or Lock with a significantly lesser chance. Id rather early picks be guys youre sure to see a mainstay starter for years.

Teams are going to jump and reach at him. We shouldnt be the ones doing it.

18 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I only hate him as an early pick. If we go BPA and theres a guy with a 90% chance of starting, or Lock with a significantly lesser chance. Id rather early picks be guys youre sure to see a mainstay starter for years.

Teams are going to jump and reach at him. We shouldnt be the ones doing it.

I agree with BPA. I'd rather go sign a guy like teddy and keep developing the rest of the team. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I agree with BPA. I'd rather go sign a guy like teddy and keep developing the rest of the team. 

With Teddy I'd only sign him if Jay was on board and could teach him the offense. If not he'd become Griffin3 the 2nd here.

Edited by Skins212689

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Man, having Mason Rudolph instead of Geron Christian would be really nice right about now....

Forget Mason Rudolph. I remember someone saying that Anthony Miller was worth a second round pick and we should grab him... wonder who said that.... could really use him. 

9 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Forget Mason Rudolph. I remember someone saying that Anthony Miller was worth a second round pick and we should grab him... wonder who said that.... could really use him. 

Hindsight with injury helps all of this, but I still love the Guice pick. 

• Like 2