Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

18 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Knight I’m just messing with you I don’t see the ceilings on most or any there’s not many

Its cool.  I don't see why anyone would want any of these QBs but everyone has their own opinion.  I also acknowledge I haven't seen every game these kids have played and could be a surprise.  But from the games I have seen and their stats I don't see why anyone would be jumping up and down for any of these QBs.  Kyler Murray is tiny and will likely get killed in the NFL.  Drew Lock has horrible completion % in college meaning he'll likely never be an accurate passer.  Dwayne Haskins had one good year, that should terrify people not make them want to take him in the first round.  Daniel Jones just plain sucks I don't understand that one at all.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think the Giants are going to take Daniel Jones bc he compares more to Eli or they’re going to go defense with one of the DTs or one or the edge pass rushers bc they have pretty much zippy there!

If all they’re looking for is someone who reminds them of Eli, they should just draft his son, Charles. 

...he’s only 2 months old, but he’s so similar to Eli that he shares half his DNA. He’s got a face the fans will fall in love with, and he knows David Cutcliffe too! Because of his age, the chances are very high that he won’t be a viable NFL QB for the next decade or so — but to be fair, the same is true of Daniel Jones. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Its cool.  I don't see why anyone would want any of these QBs but everyone has their own opinion.  I also acknowledge I haven't seen every game these kids have played and could be a surprise.  But from the games I have seen and their stats I don't see why anyone would be jumping up and down for any of these QBs.  Kyler Murray is tiny and will likely get killed in the NFL.  Drew Lock has horrible completion % in college meaning he'll likely never be an accurate passer.  Dwayne Haskins had one good year, that should terrify people not make them want to take him in the first round.  Daniel Jones just plain sucks I don't understand that one at all.  

Other then Murray I completely agree!! The one year scare me with them both but I saw almost every Ohio st game live and the end of the year he just jumped off the board so much I can’t knock him his feet kill me and I’m a huge believer in Good feet good player that goes for every position. Jones you took the words out of my mouth. Lock I have a rule on my QB note folder that is highlighted it says if they can’t get above 60 in college are they really improving in the league? I actually like Grier a lot more then Jones and Lock but I think Grier fits what Gruden wants in a guy running his offense

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2832416-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-mock-draft-quinnen-williams-is-the-man-to-watch 

Numerous league officials keep reiterating they believe, overall, this isn't a good quarterback draft. One AFC team official said, "It's terrible."

Must have been Elway and he's an excellent source judging by his track record! 😂 

Whether we trade up to 3, trade for Rosen or change our freaking team name?

Nothing could be dumber than what the chiefs did yesterday, imo. 

Wow, was that dumb.

I would personally sit @15 & let the draft come to me.

But if they want Lock or Haskins so bad, they want to move up to get him?

At least it's for the most important position in football.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Whether we trade up to 3, trade for Rosen or change our freaking team name?

Nothing could be dumber than what the chiefs did yesterday, imo. 

Wow, was that dumb.

I would personally sit @15 & let the draft come to me.

But if they want Lock or Haskins so bad, they want to move up to get him?

At least it's for the most important position in football.

They move up for Lock their crazy. Haskins atleast is one of the 3 that I said I can see being good NFL players.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/report-dwayne-haskins-redskins-target-solving-qb-issue

ESPN's Dianna Russini tweeted Wednesdaythat "sources have indicated Dwayne Haskins is [Washington's] target despite multiple holes at several positions on this roster." She then added that the 'Skins aren't talking to the Cardinals about Josh Rosen.

Ugh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

They move up for Lock their crazy. Haskins atleast is one of the 3 that I said I can see being good NFL players.

I think Drew Lock will be the best QB in this class.

He would be the only QB I would trade up for, including Murray.

But I don't want to trade draft capital to do that, because of other needs.

But if we trade up to #3 to jets & select QB Drew Lock, I'll probably be the only Skins fan with a grin instead of throwing the TV remote.

Having said that?

I'd be cool with taking Haskins @15 or trading a 2nd or less for Rosen.

Do NOT want Daniel Jones

Basically, my preference for QB by ranking?

1)Drew Lock

2)Haskins or Rosen

3)Will Grier

4)Brett Rypien

5)me

6)you

7)every other QB in draft

8)Mark Sanchez

9)Johnny Football

10)Daniel Jones

9 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I still don’t understand why ppl are down on Haskins, well at least E explained some of it, which I get, but footwork and things like that can be proven upon, he has a good arm is accurate- but I’ll agree he has to improve as E said - is a good leader, is smart and from all reports is a good guy.

I think he’s a classic sit him all year in his first year, as are Lock, Jones and Grier and then by year 2 they are ready to take over.

I'll tell you guys what, if the Redskins mortgage their future to get their guy in Haskins instead of trading for Rosen and the Giants try to make the Daniel Jones experiment work, they'll be thanking themselves in three years when they're significantly better than the G-men. He's that much better than Rosen or Jones IMO. Last year I was praying we traded up instead of getting stuck with Rosen.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I'll tell you guys what, if the Redskins mortgage their future to get their guy in Haskins instead of trading for Rosen and the Giants try to make the Daniel Jones experiment work, they'll be thanking themselves in three years when they're significantly better than the G-men. He's that much better than Rosen or Jones IMO. Last year I was praying we traded up instead of getting stuck with Rosen.

I don’t want to trade up!!! But if I had to have one and the Giants take the other I def take Haskins and they take Jones!!

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

And so it begins...

It’s just such a Dan Snyder move!!! This team has selected so well and it never shapes because we’re chasing the elusive QB and it’s just not the right time. Finish shaping the roster first!!! A year or two of hope doesn’t sell tickets like a 10 year shot at real talent to make runs with!!!

If we trade up then not only do we allow the giants to go BPA at 6!!! But we give up all the picks we finally have from the change in direction of players letting cousins and players walk!!! But it’s all for none to get a well rounded roster if they reach for this pick!!!

Edited by ripsean21