Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

This front office knows how much this fanbase dislikes Daniel Jones. They know because they track message boards, Twitter etc. If they trade up to draft Jones it would almost certainly be a death kneel for this fanbase. They won’t do something that dumb. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I just read from Ben standing that the Redskins met with FS Darnell Savage. Perhaps he’ll be our 2nd rnd pick if he’s still on the board

The safety position is a strange one this year. Thompson was considered to be a mid 1st rounder in the beginning stages. Now he can be had in the third I’m hearing bc of injuries

juan Thornhill started as a 3rd to mid round pick now he’s slated as a late 1st to second 

Savages name seems like he rose like crazy and now hearing he’s the 1st safety off the board

Adderly was a 2nd to 3rd then up to the 1st now hearing mid 2nd, same with Adams

safety is pretty crazy in this draft and hard to gage

I want Thompson in the 3rd if he’s there, he’s dropped bc if injury and play tapered off a bit late in the season but he’s a true centerfield FS and that’s what we need!!

Just now, LoganF89 said:

CGJ and Adderley are 1st rd picks, for me. Thornhill, Thompson, and Savage are next and likely rd 2. Even Abram is 2nd rd for a team that values a box only thumper. Speed is there, but I really don't like him in coverage.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I remember all the reporters saying we would trade up for Mark Sanchez before the draft.  Didn't happen.

I also remember driving down 28 chanting at my radio "please no please no please no" and then screaming in joy when the Jets took him (I vaguely recall they traded up for him?).

• Like 1

I’m gonna be honest. There’s really nothing they can do in the first round that would get me super excited about this season. Part of that is their draft history, part of that is this QB class. To me the 2 most pressing needs are QB and Edge. What was Bill Polians old line “you have to have a QB, protect that QB, and get after they other guys QB”. If they trade up they lose the draft capital to fill both holes. They stay out and it becomes real hard to get a game breaker at either position. Not to mention the holes at WR, LG, and FS. They need a bunch of home runs in this draft and I don’t have the slightest confidence they could pull it off. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

The safety position is a strange one this year. Thompson was considered to be a mid 1st rounder in the beginning stages. Now he can be had in the third I’m hearing bc of injuries

juan Thornhill started as a 3rd to mid round pick now he’s slated as a late 1st to second 

Savages name seems like he rose like crazy and now hearing he’s the 1st safety off the board

Adderly was a 2nd to 3rd then up to the 1st now hearing mid 2nd, same with Adams

I want Thompson in the 3rd if he’s there, he’s dropped bc if injury and play tapered off a bit late in the season but he’s a true centerfield FS and that’s what we need!!

Thompson broke or dislocated his wrist and there are concerns about it, that's why he's fallen 

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

No Safety has risen to the top because there aren't any elite ones in this class. 

It's crazy how every year all these dumb reports come out about us during predraft like they do. None of our local beat writers have really mentioned anything about this as of today. To their credit the Skins have actually been better about not giving up assets recently to move up in draft. I truly believe it's all smoke. If they do indeed trade up I believe it would be for Haskins and no higher than 9. I hope like hell I'm not wrong on this. Trading in to top 5 would be suicide 

• Like 2