Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Paying an in the box safety top dollar money and trading the farm for a QB with 1 year's starting experience is pretty much the worst offseason I could have imagined.  

welcome to the circus. my name is fester the elephant trainer!

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Paying an in the box safety top dollar money and trading the farm for a QB with 1 year's starting experience is pretty much the worst offseason I could have imagined.  

I find hilarious this is still the narrative about Collins. People pegged him this way - mknight included - during the 2015 draft. Fast forward 5 years and it's clear he would've been worth the 5th overall pick in 2015, which I wasn't against but really I wanted to trade back and draft him mid 1st round while picking up a 2nd, 2016 1st  and a mid round pick.collins has proven to be an all-pro type talent at safety and while FS isn't his ideal spot, he has proven - like Swearinger did - that he can be a FS, he's just better as a SS covering RBs, TEs, playing short WR routes, blitzing and playing the run. 

As far as Haskins, watch his one year, he was the 2nd or 3rd best pocket passing QB in the entire NCAA behind Lawrence and arguably Tua. The one year doesn't matter, the tape does. Also, in 2017 he played great vs Michigan when JT Barrett was knocked out for a few series, if you watch that game, osu doesn't win vs Michigan that year w/o Haskins' plays he made in the passing game.

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Charles Davis has Haskins as his top QB in the draft.

I like Davis and I can see why!!! Dude Haskins isn’t a bad football player!!! Like by no means is Haskins a Gabbert or whatever!!! Like Cam and RG has 50 TD’s but those counted runs!!! This dude is a pocket QB he can spin it!!! Like we look at mobile guys!!!! They will get hurt!!!!! But other then one year of experience and feet you can’t knock this guy!! Trust me god knows I want to OSU QB in Meyers system!!!! Trust me this guy breaks all my rules because watching this guy in all of the biggest moments he has that it that I rank higher then any individual skill!!! When you raise to the occasion and for him it was over and over again!!! I’m not selling the farm!!!! But if that’s they guy we walk away with I’m happier because we could have done so much worse we really could have

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Can you imagine if they trade up for him?  Lol

I’ve never been more underwhelmed by a “first round” QB prospect. He just does nothing that warrants being labeled that at all. If all it takes is being coached by Cutcliffe then every average QB prospect should go to Duke. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’ve never been more underwhelmed by a “first round” QB prospect. He just does nothing that warrants being labeled that at all. If all it takes is being coached by Cutcliffe then every average QB prospect should go to Duke. 

If Jones is our pick I’ll probably drive a bus through the front door of redskins park and John Q the place until Snyder signs over the team to the fans!!!

ill take it for the greater good guys lol

Edited by ripsean21

I think Daniel Jones will prove alot of people wrong. I would love to have him as a late round pick or 2nd round pick! Saying that though I wouldn't trade up for any QB or player. The team has too many wholes to fill to trade up for anyone. Trading down is the route I would take in the 2019 draft if I was in charge. 

• Like 1

Apparently the Texans are willing to trade Clowney. Should we trade multiple picks for him instead of drafting a Edge rusher, CB, QB or WR in round 1?

Report: Texans open to trading Jadeveon Clowney.

Should the Redskins trade for him instead of drafting an edge rusher, CB, QB or WR in round 1?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/25/report-texans-open-to-trading-jadeveon-clowney/ via @ProFootballTalk

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reported on Thursday that the Texans are open to trading linebacker Jadeveon Clowney. Clowney has not signed his tender yet and a report earlier this month indicated the two sides are not close in talks regarding a long-term deal.

While that may be the case, Texans General Manager Brian Gaine said last week that getting Clowney signed to a new deal is “still the plan” in Houston. John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reported on Thursday that Clowney is “not going anywhere.”

Clowney was the first overall pick in 2015 and has produced 18.5 sacks for the Texans over the last two seasons.

Edited by turtle28

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Apparently the Texans are willing to trade Clowney. Should we trade multiple picks for him instead of drafting a Edge rusher, CB, QB or WR in round 1?

Should the Redskins trade for him instead of drafting an edge rusher, CB, QB or WR in round 1?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/25/report-texans-open-to-trading-jadeveon-clowney/ via @ProFootballTalk

I don't think he would live up to a massive contract without the right coaching situation. Jets should be interested, Williams I think could get him to give his all. 

Edited by Skins212689

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Uhm No lol. I don’t dislike him picks then money it’s simple no. Edge guys get huge deals!!! Let’s have a cheaper guy out produce him and earn that money from us because of what he’s already given us

5 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Uhm No lol. I don’t dislike him picks then money it’s simple no. Edge guys get huge deals!!! Let’s have a cheaper guy out produce him and earn that money from us because of what he’s already given us

I hear ya, but after seeing Khalil Mack last year, it makes me open to it. Of course I would’ve traded PSmith and picks for Mack last year too.