Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

2 hours ago, TKellion said:

Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern -really like what I have read on this guy.Any chance he lasts until our pick?

I think its a good 80% chance hes around by our 1st pick. 25% chance hes there in the second. Which if we could bundle a 3rd with our 2nd and move to the top of the 2nd to nab him. Thatd be great.

I want to hear that Duke qb is coming out. He could help move Clayton down. But I have a feeling he will stay in school.

I still think either linebacker, d line or o line in the first. Second round QB. Third round either of the positions we didn't get in round one. And BPA for rest of draft. Really like Brian Burns, Devin Bush, Hollywood Brown, Will Grier. If we could come away with just two of those players I would be ecstatic. I think we need to add to team speed and athleticism. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I still think either linebacker, d line or o line in the first. Second round QB. Third round either of the positions we didn't get in round one. And BPA for rest of draft. Really like Brian Burns, Devin Bush, Hollywood Brown, Will Grier. If we could come away with just two of those players I would be ecstatic. I think we need to add to team speed and athleticism. 

I think an athletic ILB who can cover and play 3 downs is probably one of the two major missing links on the defense (along with a true dominant pass rusher). I’ve been bummed to see Devin White and Devin Bush both moving up into that top 10 consideration on some of the recent boards I’ve seen — you’d think ILB might be a position where you could see an excellent player slide a little bit.

But I’ve been hearing positive things about Mack Wilson from Bama (just so tough to find one of their games on TV...) and Ben Burr-Kirven from UW, so I’ll be keeping an eye on them down the stretch. And for Jeezy’s sake we can’t forget Shaq Quarterman as a consideration too. 

I’d love to land a defensive leader and tackling machine for the next decade in this draft. Can’t decide if I want that more or an explosive WR. Both really big needs early on, for me at least. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, e16bball said:

I think an athletic ILB who can cover and play 3 downs is probably one of the two major missing links on the defense (along with a true dominant pass rusher). I’ve been bummed to see Devin White and Devin Bush both moving up into that top 10 consideration on some of the recent boards I’ve seen — you’d think ILB might be a position where you could see an excellent player slide a little bit.

But I’ve been hearing positive things about Mack Wilson from Bama (just so tough to find one of their games on TV...) and Ben Burr-Kirven from UW, so I’ll be keeping an eye on them down the stretch. And for Jeezy’s sake we can’t forget Shaq Quarterman as a consideration too. 

I’d love to land a defensive leader and tackling machine for the next decade in this draft. Can’t decide if I want that more or an explosive WR. Both really big needs early on, for me at least. 

I think its a good ILB class. We could nab one that becomes a starter in the 2nd. And Mack is probably the one I want most actually. Even more than my own Devin White. And think he can be nabbed in the 2nd. I just like his pass coverage and think its more needed than a guy that attacks the LOS. Since weve drafted well on the DL to help that.

• Like 2

Tight End --early rounds. Reed will never be 100% healthy and Davis is at the end . We can save like $5 million by letting Davis go . We can save over $6 million on Reed. Let someone else handle his toe issues ! 

Edited by RSkinGM

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Tight End --early rounds. Reed will never be 100% healthy and Davis is at the end . We can save like $5 million by letting Davis go . We can save over $6 million on Reed. Let someone else handle his toe issues ! 

We have Sprinkle being groomed behind 2 good ones. And Sprinkle came out a solid player from college. Hed be starting right now for over half the teams out there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

We have Sprinkle being groomed behind 2 good ones. And Sprinkle came out a solid player from college. Hed be starting right now for over half the teams out there.

Agree--but seems he's gonna be a blocking T E.. I want one of those pass catching dudes !

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Agree--but seems he's gonna be a blocking T E.. I want one of those pass catching dudes !

Hes a great pass catcher. A good route runner and knows how to run with the ball. He had a nice TD grab this year that was called back. And while at Arkansas, had the best TD celebration in the game.

• Like 1

Duke against Clemson- Daniel Jones impressing even though they’re overmatched. Watching him going through his progressions as he stands in there getting hit or pressured on every throw. 

Now its jail break on Daniel Jones. Hope he doesn’t get hurt. Give him credit hanging in like he’s doing. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF