Thomas or Red

3rivers

Thomas has the upside, made some nice plays in preseason, so it should be him. Red has limitations that are a risk into days game.

Of course, Red will get the start and wish him well.  

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

lets also do the same with Joe haden and Brian Allen

We also need to let Allen have some chances. I thought letting Burns sit for a few weeks would have been a way to verify if the other CB's are better than burns.  Allen could also cover TE's if they ask,  which makes 2 players on the bench that have the ability (on paper of course) to cover TE's, and they still haven't had a chance. A good offence with a good TE will get lots of yards vs this D.

I am not as hopeful for B.Allen but  I have  given up on Burns and Coty.  I would prefer seeing Hilton, Sutton and Allen as the other CB's and let Burns and Coty stay on the sidelines or trade them.

Thomas was in very late so I did not see him in action much.  Red did fine vs the run but was in trouble vs the pass.  Fort did well on both.  He was very good in coverage.

B. Allen was the 2nd best gunner in the preseason and showed off well vs the Falcons in that mode ( downing the ball inside the 5 on a punt).  He should have a hat every week.

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Thomas was in very late so I did not see him in action much.  Red did fine vs the run but was in trouble vs the pass.  Fort did well on both.  He was very good in coverage.

B. Allen was the 2nd best gunner in the preseason and showed off well vs the Falcons in that mode ( downing the ball inside the 5 on a punt).  He should have a hat every week.

Agree with the Allen part. Prior to cutdowns I think most favored him over Sensabaugh. Like Allen, Thomas should get a chance ONLY because the drop off between him and Red (Sensabaugh) can't be that drastic. But I do think Thomas is becoming sort of a mythical player and this is coming from someone who was all about him prior to being drafted and signed as an UDFA. I think the hype is setting some of us up for a let down. Let him get out there. Be prepared for the mistakes and anticipate some splash plays. 

11 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Was offered Connor for Ingram in a different League. Seems like a no brainer. Ingram is already in a timeshare and Connor MIGHT be. He doesn't have Kamara. Am I missing something?

I trust the Saints to actually utilize a timeshare. I know it's a big "if" but if Bell comes back, I expect him to be getting the majority of the time by the end of the year. 

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I trust the Saints to actually utilize a timeshare. I know it's a big "if" but if Bell comes back, I expect him to be getting the majority of the time by the end of the year. 

I was thinking the same thing until I read Ben's quote regarding the situation and as we know, what Ben wants...Ben gets. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000972405/article/big-ben-ill-push-for-conner-to-get-snaps-if-bell-returns

I'm hoping for a little more Fort. I think he played really well against ATL. I know he's hurt and might miss the Bengals game, but I need more Fort in my life. Also, in case you haven't heard me say this any of the million times, I played basketball against Fort in high school. He was, to be brief, good. 

But really, a rotation of Vince on very obvious run downs and Fort on everything else gives us the best chance to win. 

On 2018-10-10 at 11:20 AM, Chieferific said:

Was offered Connor for Ingram in a different League. Seems like a no brainer. Ingram is already in a timeshare and Connor MIGHT be. He doesn't have Kamara. Am I missing something?

if (of course "if") Bell returns, do they run the wheels off him? 

On 2018-10-10 at 11:33 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

I thought this before week 1. After all the BS it changed a bit and if the  OL allows Connor to do what he has then I expect Connor to get some snaps. Stay with the player that is doing well and preserve bell so he can get his mega deal next year somewhere elsexD Don't complain if bell shows up last minute before a playoff game either

On 2018-10-10 at 12:33 PM, Chieferific said:

I was thinking the same thing until I read Ben's quote regarding the situation and as we know, what Ben wants...Ben gets. 

what does ben want for the D? That needs to be known before the trade deadline9_9

2 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

I hope to see more Fort as well.  I think he's the best ILB on the team now.  More explosive.  

I had a feeling he would be a solid LB and he has a chance as long as williams is out. Thomas will have to wait most likely

Archived