Thomas or Red

3rivers

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I still think Bostic is the best overall ILB we have. Fort is just behind him, though. 

M-V could be onto something , as I could see Fort's speed helping on a few plays as well as the middle on passing plays.  Agree Bostic has been our best ILB, but still lacks the range for when required to defend the pass up the middle.  He has been solid everywhere else,  good signing . 

Yeah I was referring to his speed, which equates to range.  The other guys all lack any range.  Shazier had insane range and that hid so many warts on this defense.  They need someone who can cover a little more ground to help fill those holes that Shazier used to.  He caught my eye a few years ago in spot duty.  I've always thought he looked pretty solid and I wanted to see more of him.  Hard to believe he's 28 and doesn't get more reps than he has.  It seems he's been buried behind inferior players for a few years now to me.  

13 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

Yeah I was referring to his speed, which equates to range.  The other guys all lack any range.  Shazier had insane range and that hid so many warts on this defense.  They need someone who can cover a little more ground to help fill those holes that Shazier used to.  He caught my eye a few years ago in spot duty.  I've always thought he looked pretty solid and I wanted to see more of him.  Hard to believe he's 28 and doesn't get more reps than he has.  It seems he's been buried behind inferior players for a few years now to me.  

This has been an issue I have had over the years as a fan, when a player is buried on the depth chart and they should get some playing time. We have been bad for this in the tomlin era, but cowher did that too and it's something I just never understood.  These players might eventually leave and finally get their chance and I hope they start somewhere one day .

Archived