Joe schobert

Kiwibrown

Resign Schobert to a top 5 MLB contract?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. schobert 4 years 46 million dollar extension?

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

When it comes time to extent garrett we Collins will be off the books. We are going to be needing all the cash we can get at some point to keep the 'real players' we might have to cut Collins in year 3 so we can bring that money forward. 

All going well garrett I guna cost 25 million per year, Baker 35 million per year and ward 20 per season. That nearly had the cap on 3 dudes.

The cap will have gone way up by that time, though, so no problemo.

Would depend on the guarantees, but generally I don't think off-ball LBs who aren't pass rushers are not worth double digit AAV contracts. Exception being clear cut top 3-4 guys (Kuechly pre-injury, Bobby Wagner, etc.)

12 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Would depend on the guarantees, but generally I don't think off-ball LBs who aren't pass rushers are not worth double digit AAV contracts. Exception being clear cut top 3-4 guys (Kuechly pre-injury, Bobby Wagner, etc.)

What is your view on Kirkseys contract 39 million over 5 years. 

12 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

What is your view on Kirkseys contract 39 million over 5 years. 

That sounds about right to me. He's very good but not elite (was looking like he'd get better when he signed the contract) and is getting about 8M per with the last couple years not hurting us if we had to cut him for some reason. I know the difference between essentially 8 per vs. 12 per doesn't seem that huge. But if you can save that much on one other guy, then suddenly you have 8M to drop on another very good but not elite FA. That's what the Pats have been doing for years. Cleaning up on the 4-8M AAV market.

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Man zeitler has been disappointing. Our guards were suppose to be our strength and it looks like they get pushed back every pass rush. 

I thought we were going to have a power guard that was going to push through DTs back. you are right back opening hoes for the running game, he has been pretty ordinary, Bitonio is much, much better imo. 

Archived