Joe schobert

Kiwibrown

Resign Schobert to a top 5 MLB contract?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. schobert 4 years 46 million dollar extension?

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Man zeitler has been disappointing. Our guards were suppose to be our strength and it looks like they get pushed back every pass rush. 

Zeitler has been solid. Hubbard has been the weak link along with when we ask the TEs to block. 

6 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Zeitler has been solid. Hubbard has been the weak link along with when we ask the TEs to block. 

We paid zeitler a record amount of money for a guard at the time. We needed more than just solid. That’s why he’s been disappointing. I never expected anything out of Hubbard. That was a bad signing at the time. You don’t sign a backup oline man to a big contract to be a starter. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We paid zeitler a record amount of money for a guard at the time. We needed more than just solid. That’s why he’s been disappointing. I never expected anything out of Hubbard. That was a bad signing at the time. You don’t sign a backup oline man to a big contract to be a starter. 

I mean, that’s pretty much what happens in FA. If you sign anyone in FA you can rest assured you paid top of the market prices (unless you’re a contender and sign an aging player who wants a shot st a ring).

If Zeitler was the best guard in football he doesn’t hit UFA in the first place.

He’s been solid.  Our run game is one of the best in the league and most of the damage is between the tackles.  

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, that’s pretty much what happens in FA. If you sign anyone in FA you can rest assured you paid top of the market prices (unless you’re a contender and sign an aging player who wants a shot st a ring).

If Zeitler was the best guard in football he doesn’t hit UFA in the first place.

He’s been solid.  Our run game is one of the best in the league and most of the damage is between the tackles.  

Zietler hasn’t been all pro but he has been just find. Specially with the crap he had to work next too last year. He would be even better with a better center or RT

On a more serious note, we absolutely have to lock him up and we will. He's our best linebacker. 

Also.. can we chill on the "we need to cut Collins" stuff? Outrageous. It's okay if we have a few overpaid players on our roster. We have won more games in the past three weeks than we did the past two years!! We don't need to be cutting productive players.

45 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Zietler hasn’t been all pro but he has been just find. Specially with the crap he had to work next too last year. He would be even better with a better center or RT

Eh, Tretter and Hubbard have been fine too.

Neither are all world, but they’re serviceable.  There are better teams than the Browns starting worse players than them.

15 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Man zeitler has been disappointing. Our guards were suppose to be our strength and it looks like they get pushed back every pass rush. 

Meh, to be honest, everyone on the line had bad moments and can shoulder some sort of blame, just like everyone has had really good plays that help us net big gains or TDs. As each game goes on, they just need to continue to gel

10 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Meh, he's made some big blocks as well, he made key blocks in both of Nick Chubb's big runs, and other plays, lets not say he is a weak link because he got pushed back a few times, that doesn't necessarily constitute being a bad O Lineman

As far as Schobert, as much as I love a stud athletic 3 tech, It may be beneficial for us to at least invest a mid round pick in a Linval Joseph, Snacks Harrison type to let Scho be more of a playmaker.

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I disliked the Hubbard signing at the time, but that was because I expected Joe Thomas to return and thought Coleman would still be our RT this year. Hubbard is far from an all pro or anything, but he's been solid at RT.

15 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I disliked the Hubbard signing at the time, but that was because I expected Joe Thomas to return and thought Coleman would still be our RT this year. Hubbard is far from an all pro or anything, but he's been solid at RT.

A part from zeitler our offensive line should be running zone blocking on the run, they are all just around 300 pounds and have good mobility. 

As far as I can tell we haven't been using zone at all, more traps and pulls. We are a bit of a hodge podge set up, without the right guys for the system we use 

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

A part from zeitler our offensive line should be running zone blocking on the run, they are all just around 300 pounds and have good mobility. 

As far as I can tell we haven't been using zone at all, more traps and pulls. We are a bit of a hodge podge set up, without the right guys for the system we use 

Bitonio ain’t seen 300 or his dong in years.

Chris Hubbard has been our best run blocker this year and I don't think it is really even close. He is a great puller, great at getting tot he second level and he never gives up on a play. His "struggles" in pass pro are minimal. He is far and away the best RT we have had in years and that includes Mitchell Schwartz. Everyone worries too much about the dollar signs on FA deals. Who cares how much a guy makes? Especially when the cap is climbing every single year.

Joe Schobert needs to get a new contract. He is the only complete linebacker we have on the roster. Christian Kirksey struggles in coverage and Jamie Collins doesn't like to physical up in the run game.

Archived