Game 2, Oct 14th 6:09 PM CT: Gerrit Cole vs David Price

Game 3, Oct 16th  4:09 PM CT: Nathan Eovaldi vs Dallas Keuchel

Game 4, Oct 17th 7:39 PM CT:  TBA vs Charlie Morton

*Game 5, Oct 18th 7:09 PM CT

*Game 6, Oct 20th 4:09 or 8:09 PM CT

*Game 7, Oct 21st 6:39 PM CT

*if neccessary 

4 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Sale/Verlander will be hype. Feel like Cole/Price in games 2/6 will be big because that's two Fenway games where the pitching matchup noticeably favors us. 

If I had to make a bet right now, I'd say Price doesn't start game 2. I dunno if that means he starts a different game or gets relegated to the pen, but he's been a lot better this year when he hasn't had to follow Sale.

If I'm Cora, my rotation is Sale, Porcello, Eovaldi, then Price.

7 hours ago, Starless said:

If I had to make a bet right now, I'd say Price doesn't start game 2. I dunno if that means he starts a different game or gets relegated to the pen, but he's been a lot better this year when he hasn't had to follow Sale.

If I'm Cora, my rotation is Sale, Porcello, Eovaldi, then Price.

I think Price will be fine in this series; I really think it's more of the Yankees lineup just owned him vs. the post season factor. The Astros lineup is no joke, though.

I'm excited for this series and the rematch. This Sox team has a completely different feel to them. Cora and Martinez have added so much; this team last year would have completely folded after losing at Fenway to the Yankees Saturday night.

9 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Sale/Verlander will be hype. Feel like Cole/Price in games 2/6 will be big because that's two Fenway games where the pitching matchup noticeably favors us. 

Eh... Price pitched really well against the Astros this season, the Yankees own him. Although Cole pitched well against the Red Sox twice this season as well. It'll be a heck of a series, for sure.

15 hours ago, Starless said:

Cora is playing with house money at this point, but I have to question this one.

I mean if there's a game to pitch him, it's game 2. Price has had success against the Astros and the environment at home is much better than at Houston.

Fair to question; this is an undeniable make or break game for Price. My gut says he shows up, but he''s been known to let me -and other Price believers- down in the big moment, obviously.

Archived