2018 ALCS: Houston Astros vs Boston Red Sox

Texansfan713

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Oh is this not getting the monkey off his back? His last start against the Astros was good, a little unlucky. This start he absolutely dominated a top tier offense in baseball to clinch the ALCS.

Dude was dynamite.

Yup. So happy for Price. Guy shoved and punched the Sox ticket to the WS.

Also, **** Alex Bregman; Eovaldi striking him out in the 8th was a beautiful sight to see.

One more note- Alex Cora has stones. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Kimbrel gets a ton of swings outside the zone because of his knuckle curve. If you know it’s coming you just don’t swing. 

This also explains why Marwin looked so baffled on fastballs down the pipe last night, he didn’t expect a fastball.

I’m so happy we fixed Kimbrel

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Yup. So happy for Price. Guy shoved and punched the Sox ticket to the WS.

Also, **** Alex Bregman; Eovaldi striking him out in the 8th was a beautiful sight to see.

One more note- Alex Cora has stones. 

Huge stones. I can tell you 1000% right now, Farrell would've stuck with the pen and played it safe. Bringing in Eovaldi to try and ice it is absolutely huge.

7 hours ago, Elky said:

Hopefully Mil can force game 7. The longer that series goes, the more tired La/Mil will be.

I'd rather face the Brewers because they don't have as good a pitching staff and the big market v. small market dynamic is always fun. But beating the Dodgers would be more satisfying.

Price pitched well, good for him. Wish he figured himself out against someone else lol, but he's been pretty good against us in recent history. He definitely lives up to his player's weekend name of "Astro's dad". 

Congrats Sox fans @Starless @MookieMonstah and others. I'll be rooting for the Brewers if they make it but if you face the Dodgers I hope you destroy them. Too many bad experiences with Dodgers fans since last year's World Series.

I haven't really felt bad about the loss, I guess that's what being the defending champ does for you. As much as I would've loved a back to back, it's hard to be upset with back to back LCS trips and a WS title. And 202 regular season wins. Astros need to learn how to play at home next year, they were bad at home all year long and it came back to screw them at the worst time. It didn't flip for them in the playoffs like last year, oh well. 

Archived