PRESEASON TEAM AWARDS - Offensive Rookie of the Year

EL Brownso

Browns Offensive Rookie of the Year  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Browns Offensive Rookie of the Year for 2017-2018 season?

• David Njoku
    • Deshone Kizer
    • Roderick Johnson
    • Matthew Dayes
    • Other

Thought we could drum up some discussion among our posters to try to over come the few other boards that are beating us. 

Let's predict certain end of year awards prior to the season beginning.  Sounds fun, I know right.

So we will have a few different categories to vote on.  We will start with the BROWNS Offensive Rookie of the Year.

We will then continue to:

BROWNS Defensive Rookie of the Year

BROWNS Offensive Player of the Year

BROWNS Defensive Player of the Year

BROWNS Special Teams Player of the Year

BROWNS Position Group of the Year

Browns MVP

If you can think of another category you would like to see then we can add more.  I will start the new poll every three days (or so).  This will be exciting. Yay!

scared-and-horny.gif

DISCUSS!!!!

We between Njoku and Kizer for me, which is tricky because they're both at positions that are difficult to transition from college to the NFL.  Went with Njoku because I'm not sure that Kizer will play in every game this season and because I think Kizer has a longer way to go than Njoku does.

2 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Defensive Rookie of the Year  Garrett

Offensive Player of the Year  Crowell

Defensive Player of the Year  Garrett again!

Special Teams Player of the Year  Peppers

Position Group of the Year  DLine

Browns MVP  Thomas

Silly Dizzy Dean.  You didn't follow directions.  This Poll is only for Offensive Rookie of the year.  Please hold all other votes until the new polls come out.

maxwell_smart__confused.gif

1 minute ago, LouBegaFreak said:

We between Njoku and Kizer for me, which is tricky because they're both at positions that are difficult to transition from college to the NFL.  Went with Njoku because I'm not sure that Kizer will play in every game this season and because I think Kizer has a longer way to go than Njoku does.

I can feel ya there. But Kizer could make a bigger impact in any game/games he is involved in than Njoku.  So if Kizer gets the opportunity it could easily go his way.

1 minute ago, EL Brownso said:

I can feel ya there. But Kizer could make a bigger impact in any game/games he is involved in than Njoku.  So if Kizer gets the opportunity it could easily go his way.

It honestly was a coin flip.  If Kizer plays and isn't an absolute train wreck it will probably be him but without knowing the plan for him it's hard to say.

oops!  I didn't realize more polls were to follow.  I voted for Njoku because I don't think Kizer plays much at all barring injury.  I think Dayes will be 3rd down back, I think Johnson will be on the practice squad.  By default that only leaves Njoku.

Neither Njoku or Kizer are in a prime position right now to win OROY, but I feel if one has a clearer path it's Kizer: If Osweiler plays like he did in Houston last year for the first several games (which is not a stretch) and Kizer keeps trending upward, there is a good chance Hue makes a quick switch, Deshone comes in and hypothetically blazes a trail similar to Dak last year. I would imagine the lack of starting for a full season would also be balanced out in voters minds by the fact that it was done with Cleveland, the lowliest of the low expectation teams.

As for Njoku, his early yips + the difficulty level it takes for a rookie TE to adjust and produce + the presence of Devalve (and even Telfair for that matter) ... I just don't see it. 

6 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Well its not offensive rookie of the year for the NFL.  I think we can all agree that player is not a Cleveland Brown.  But team offensive rookie of the year, someone has to be it by default.

In my defense negative Nancy, the OP was slightly ambiguous, but I guess I can see how it was supposed to only be for the Browns. Anywho, my rationale for Kizer over Njoku still stands whether its for NFL or Browns.

1 hour ago, BwickRedux said:

In my defense negative Nancy, the OP was slightly ambiguous, but I guess I can see how it was supposed to only be for the Browns. Anywho, my rationale for Kizer over Njoku still stands whether its for NFL or Browns.

Geez... All you had to do was read the topic but I'll fix it. So we don't have any more mistakes from people who don't read the forum topic the post in.  GEEZ.

wtthll.gif

I think Kizer will win the offensive rookie of the year for the preseason. No matter who starts in the regular season he will surely get a lot of snaps in the preseason.

Sorry EB just following the trend. I would have to go with Kizer for the regular season, there just aren't any skill spots where any rookie is guaranteed snaps. There is a slight chance that Peppers could be our defensive, special teams and offensive rookie of the year if no rookie gets a lot of PT and he gets a couple hundred yards and a handful of TDs on some specialty plays. Food for thought. Peppers specifically.

34 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think Kizer will win the offensive rookie of the year for the preseason. No matter who starts in the regular season he will surely get a lot of snaps in the preseason.

Sorry EB just following the trend. I would have to go with Kizer for the regular season, there just aren't any skill spots where any rookie is guaranteed snaps. There is a slight chance that Peppers could be our defensive, special teams and offensive rookie of the year if no rookie gets a lot of PT and he gets a couple hundred yards and a handful of TDs on some specialty plays. Food for thought. Peppers specifically.

Thanks for not contradicting my post/poll. Until you did.???????? I'm over it. irdc.gif

The Roderick Johnson pick is still one of the worst picks I think the organization has made since Sashi and co. took the helm. No contact balance...he can hold up on one move but on the second defensive players move he's on his behind or wildly out of control.

Johnson will be cut and definitely not OROY

Best way to describe him was by Zierlein on draft day  "Like a newborn baby Giraffe...on stilts with his balance...waist bender supreme..."

Archived