PRESEASON TEAM AWARDS - Offensive Rookie of the Year

EL Brownso

Browns Offensive Rookie of the Year  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Browns Offensive Rookie of the Year for 2017-2018 season?

• David Njoku
    • Deshone Kizer
    • Roderick Johnson
    • Matthew Dayes
    • Other

2 hours ago, EL Brownso said:

Geez... All you had to do was read the topic but I'll fix it. So we don't have any more mistakes from people who don't read the forum topic the post in.  GEEZ.

wtthll.gif

I did read your original post....multiple times....which is why I selected a BROWNS rookie to win NFL offensive rookie of the year! :D

54 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

The Roderick Johnson pick is still one of the worst picks I think the organization has made since Sashi and co. took the helm.

not every pick is going to be perfect. Just glad they have had potentially more hits than misses so far.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

not every pick is going to be perfect. Just glad they have had potentially more hits than misses so far.

Johnson was projected high in the 2016 draft if I remember right. Maybe he can be developed on the practice squad. 

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

The Roderick Johnson pick is still one of the worst picks I think the organization has made since Sashi and co. took the helm. No contact balance...he can hold up on one move but on the second defensive players move he's on his behind or wildly out of control.

Johnson will be cut and definitely not OROY

Best way to describe him was by Zierlein on draft day  "Like a newborn baby Giraffe...on stilts with his balance...waist bender supreme..."

well, they did not draft him to play at all for a few years.  he was drafted to sit and learn behind Joe Thomas on the practice squad.  Hopefully he learns a lot in that time frame, and is signing his second very cheap contract as he has not proven a thing at the same time Joe retires, and he is ready to step in and play like a pro bowler at that point.  Long shot, yes, wishful thinking, yes, but it is what it is.

43 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

well, they did not draft him to play at all for a few years.  he was drafted to sit and learn behind Joe Thomas on the practice squad.  Hopefully he learns a lot in that time frame, and is signing his second very cheap contract as he has not proven a thing at the same time Joe retires, and he is ready to step in and play like a pro bowler at that point.  Long shot, yes, wishful thinking, yes, but it is what it is.

1u8ame.gif

Lol....he's not replacing Joe.......

He really shouldn't even be on the practice squad....

I'd rather scoop a developmental LT from another team and put that player on our PS...they made a mistake...his fundamental issues are core issues that can get by in college but not the league...He was the second to last OT taken in the draft even though he went in the 5th round.

I'd rather go with Spencer Drango as the OT swing player than Johnson

This upcoming preseason game against the Giants...he will make Cam Erving look like a pro bowler....just remember I said so

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

This upcoming preseason game against the Giants...he will make Cam Erving look like a pro bowler....just remember I said so

It did shock me to see him filling in at LT - we all have our gripes with Erving but that's largely in part because he was a 1st round pick, but none of us expect Rod to play well yet Hue is still pegging him to start against Jason Pierre-Paul....yikes.....

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Kizer will be our ROTY.

I do like Matt Dayes though. I like his vision and athleticism despite his small frame. Reminds me of CJ Anderson, except smaller.

I almost picked Dayes.  He looks like he could be pretty good. 

3 hours ago, BwickRedux said:

It did shock me to see him filling in at LT - we all have our gripes with Erving but that's largely in part because he was a 1st round pick, but none of us expect Rod to play well yet Hue is still pegging him to start against Jason Pierre-Paul....yikes.....

I noticed that too.  I seriously doubt he is trying to set everyone up for failure.  Maybe he sees something in Johnson that we don't, maybe there is something Hue thinks he can do well.

Archived