Potential Personnel Moves

Just Want A Title

16 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I just don't see Tate sticking with this team. He deserves to get paid, and the Lions don't really need to pay him. Golladay has evolved into a legitimate threat, and you can have him and Jones are your 1A/1B options and find someone cheaper to man the slot. If he's willing to take a discount then sure, bring him back, but I think that money will be better off spent elsewhere. Why pay Tate when you can get someone like Cole Beasley for a fraction of the price and then spend that money on upgrading your defense or even on a tight end? 

I think people strongly over-value what Tate will be getting on the open market.  He is a really good WR, but is 30 and people don't get big contracts at the skill positions at 30.  I think we can keep him for around 8-10 a year for 3 years or so which is well worth it IMO and worth more than the mid round pick we might be able to get.  If he wants to leave and go to a contender, I would grant him his wish, but if he wants to stay, I keep him.

4 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I just don't see Tate sticking with this team. He deserves to get paid, and the Lions don't really need to pay him. Golladay has evolved into a legitimate threat, and you can have him and Jones are your 1A/1B options and find someone cheaper to man the slot. If he's willing to take a discount then sure, bring him back, but I think that money will be better off spent elsewhere. Why pay Tate when you can get someone like Cole Beasley for a fraction of the price and then spend that money on upgrading your defense or even on a tight end? 

Yeah this is my thinking... Anything over 5 plus million too me is too much for Tate at this point who's basically just a slot reciever with Jones/Golladay on the team. Not to mention we'll have to pay Gollday real soon. Sooner the better prolly with him,( like Slay. )

I get why people keep him though, especially for THIS season to make a run, but, Idk, a high pick is worth him leaving. I'm with the Lions on their stance of " they have to be blown away" which for a 30 year old rental to me is low 2nd/3rd round value. 

I'd see if Arizona has any interest in Tate and if they do try to package Tate and a pick for Peterson. Fitz is just about done and they will need some receivers for their young QB... Tate isn't getting any younger sure but he's probably got a few good years left in him.

4 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

I think Lang is almost done. I like Brown as our next starting RG over Wiggins. Wiggins makes a fine backup, but Brown is an upgrade. 

T. Decker/T. Crosby

F. Ragnow/J. Dahl

G. Glasgow/F. Ragnow/K. Wiggins

T. Lang/J. Brown/K. Wiggins

R. Wagner/T. Crosby

According to the Detroit Free Press' Dave Birkett, UDFA Brandon Powell has been "pegged as the heir apparent" to Golden Tate as the Lions' slot receiver.

Signed as an UDFA out of Florida in May, Powell led the Lions in catches and receiving yards in the preseason and was taken under Tate's wing all summer. "I’m going to teach Powell everything I know that I can possibly teach him to succeed in this league because I think he’s a great talent," Tate said last month. "He excites me when I watch. He actually reminds me of a young me, but even better." Most have pegged T.J. Jones as the natural fill-in with Tate gone, but perhaps Powell will get a look. Powell needs to be added in deep Dynasty leagues.

prob a reason why we got rid of Tate.

Archived