Potential Personnel Moves

Just Want A Title

30 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Dallas way over paid.

Oakland/LV going full rebuild. 3 1st rounders next year. 

I agree we will see if he pans out better than the Joey Galloway and Roy Williams Trades. 

Itll be interesting what Oakland does this next two seasons.

I think it’s an overpay because Dak is not a good QB. If they had a higher level QB it would be an okay trade but Cooper really isn’t 1st round material.

Its not like Gruden is going to go anywhere with that team. Trading off key pieces so he can just f up that draft.

I think it was a good move for Oakland.  He was overpriced and underproductive.  It gives them cap space and another mid first round pick. I doubt they get much for Carr at this point but they should look to move him as well and start over with their top pick next year.  This gives them the flexibility to get a QB early and depending on how the Cowboys and Bears end up, maybe to get an elite QB and pass rusher. 

Dallas on the other hand way overpaid.  They should have just kept Dez as he has been more productive.  Its a head scratcher for sure from their side.

Dallas over payed for cooper, he wasn’t worth a 1st, maybe a 3rd at best but Dallas needed a “playmaker”. Kinda like what Oakland is doing. The have 5 first rd picks in the next 2 drafts 

hear airzona wants a 1& 3 for pp.. that’s too steep if it’s true. If we made a move for pp I’d include ziggy in a deal since it seems like he won’t be back next yr

think we should at least explore getting either d line or d end help before the the deadline. 

6 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

Dallas over payed for cooper, he wasn’t worth a 1st, maybe a 3rd at best but Dallas needed a “playmaker”. Kinda like what Oakland is doing. The have 5 first rd picks in the next 2 drafts 

hear airzona wants a 1& 3 for pp.. that’s too steep if it’s true. If we made a move for pp I’d include ziggy in a deal since it seems like he won’t be back next yr

think we should at least explore getting either d line or d end help before the the deadline. 

They got the line help with a trade for Harrison.

On 10/23/2018 at 9:03 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I think it was a good move for Oakland.  He was overpriced and underproductive.  It gives them cap space and another mid first round pick. I doubt they get much for Carr at this point but they should look to move him as well and start over with their top pick next year.  This gives them the flexibility to get a QB early and depending on how the Cowboys and Bears end up, maybe to get an elite QB and pass rusher. 

Dallas on the other hand way overpaid.  They should have just kept Dez as he has been more productive.  Its a head scratcher for sure from their side.

Yeah I kinda of agree, Unless Dallas wins the division they over paid. I don't get why they coughed up a 1st round pick when they're a Elliot injury away from being a top 10 team in the draft. 

Doesn't look super great for the Raiders either, I mean, does anyone expect them to keep Carr next year? They're shooting for the 1st overall and have other picks they've loaded up with. New look Raiders will be in Vegas. 

To trade Golden Tate or to not trade Golden Tate? If Lions can Knab a late 2nd or 3rd round pick I think it's wise to move on even in limbo like we are. Resigning him to big money this old isn't the wisest either. I haven't really been in favor of trading him up until basically now, because we're on the outside looking in wildcard wise and while there is a shot at the division still, it's bleaker imo than what I thought. If we lose next week and the trade deadline passes us by and we didnt' move Tate I think Lions will be definately kicking themselves. It might sting losing him if we win but I think TJ Jones or Powell can step up into a good slot role that Tate thrives in, also Golladay might just expand his role. Anything less than a 3rd round pick I think Lions should keep him but if we can at this point I think Lions should move him for future pick(s). 

Sidenote Patriots look like a good partner right now if Lions wanna move on from Tate.

* Also really hope they're looking at potential replacements for Abdullah. I'm so serious when I say I'd cut him now, for someone that can just hang on the ball and give me 3 yards a carry, and catch a LITTLE bit out of the backfield as a back up. A veteran like Shane Vereen or Jamaal Charles might be the difference in the Seattle game vs trotting fumble-ruh-ski out on the field. 

As far as Tabor goes... it's a " I don't wanna be wrong thing " at this point. There are literally free agents available who are better than him in David Amerson and Alterraun Verner. He needs to move to safety to have a future in this league. 

Didn't really like cutting him either, I prolly bring back Sylvester Williams. 

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

To trade Golden Tate or to not trade Golden Tate? If Lions can Knab a late 2nd or 3rd round pick I think it's wise to move on even in limbo like we are. Resigning him to big money this old isn't the wisest either. I haven't really been in favor of trading him up until basically now, because we're on the outside looking in wildcard wise and while there is a shot at the division still, it's bleaker imo than what I thought. If we lose next week and the trade deadline passes us by and we didnt' move Tate I think Lions will be definately kicking themselves. It might sting losing him if we win but I think TJ Jones or Powell can step up into a good slot role that Tate thrives in, also Golladay might just expand his role. Anything less than a 3rd round pick I think Lions should keep him but if we can at this point I think Lions should move him for future pick(s). 

Sidenote Patriots look like a good partner right now if Lions wanna move on from Tate.

* Also really hope they're looking at potential replacements for Abdullah. I'm so serious when I say I'd cut him now, for someone that can just hang on the ball and give me 3 yards a carry, and catch a LITTLE bit out of the backfield as a back up. A veteran like Shane Vereen or Jamaal Charles might be the difference in the Seattle game vs trotting fumble-ruh-ski out on the field. 

As far as Tabor goes... it's a " I don't wanna be wrong thing " at this point. There are literally free agents available who are better than him in David Amerson and Alterraun Verner. He needs to move to safety to have a future in this league. 

Didn't really like cutting him either, I prolly bring back Sylvester Williams. 

I don't think Tate is going costs a lot to retain him if we choose to do so. I think we should at least entertain the idea of trading him.. maybe if we package tate and AA together to philly for a 2nd that'd be a huge W... I think if we do move Tate hes going want an extension that could be a hold up... I was reading in the trade deadline section of nfl General that Whitney Mercilus is available maybe a trade involving Mercilus & tate?

I just don't see Tate sticking with this team. He deserves to get paid, and the Lions don't really need to pay him. Golladay has evolved into a legitimate threat, and you can have him and Jones are your 1A/1B options and find someone cheaper to man the slot. If he's willing to take a discount then sure, bring him back, but I think that money will be better off spent elsewhere. Why pay Tate when you can get someone like Cole Beasley for a fraction of the price and then spend that money on upgrading your defense or even on a tight end? 

Archived