Josh Jones?

TheOnlyThing

Jones played 4 defensive snaps on Sunday, which is 4 more than he played the week before against Buffalo. He has played 33 STs snaps in those two games.

He missed the first 3 games with an ankle injury.

Jones reportedly is not pleased with his current status and was apparently quoted as saying “You ain’t going to take a player in the 2nd round to not contribute to the team."  https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/josh-jones-doesnt-sound-happy-203

Absent an injury to Brice or HHCD, is Jones mostly just a STs guy at this point?

I just wonder what it is with him.  Maybe he's just Arringtoning it too much and they don't trust him not to improvise on the field.  Either way, with his ability and his attitude right now, he should either be traded or he should be playing.  Send him to the Browns for Damarious Randall back.  God we'd be so good with Randall playing free and Clinton-Dix playing strong right now. 

Randall is having such a good season playing free safety and all anybody wants to do is say Thompson drafted a bust. 

If he wasn't clearly worse than HHCD, Brice, and I would argue Whitehead, Greene, and Evans, he might have a gripe.  It is good to see that he wants to be out there.  But the guy has not shown that he should be on the field either in preseason or in his limited opportunities.  IMO, if he weren't drafted in the second round, he wouldn't have made the team.

My speculation is that his ankle injury occurred off the field and landed him in the dog house. He wasn't bad in TC or preseason, in fact early in camp he looked quite good.

He's completely fallen off the depth chart and I don't think it has anything to do with his actual play. He's either bad in the locker room or did something off the field.

Either way, I'd be surprised to see him on the team next year. They'll give him the Damarious Randall treatment.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

My speculation is that his ankle injury occurred off the field and landed him in the dog house. He wasn't bad in TC or preseason, in fact early in camp he looked quite good.

He's completely fallen off the depth chart and I don't think it has anything to do with his actual play. He's either bad in the locker room or did something off the field.

Either way, I'd be surprised to see him on the team next year. They'll give him the Damarious Randall treatment.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him shipped off at the trade deadline .. just seems it is heading in that direction.  

This kid needs to look in the mirror.  He's an undisciplined player who plays a  position where you can't afford that sort of reckless play.  At this point, draft position doesn't matter.  The fact that he thinks he's entitled to playing time because of his draft position is kind of ridiculous. 

This last weekend he had a bone headed holding penalty on ST that killed a 60+ yard Monty return.  Time for some self evaluation by Mr Jones.    

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yes he was on the field at the end of the first half of the Lions game playing quarters defense with 20 seconds to go. That was a critical situation. The Lions scored, but not because of Jones. HaHa left his quarter leaving Marvin Jones wide open. I would trade HaHa before trading Jones. 

We have players complaining to the media, penalty issues, turnover issues, concentration issues (dropped passes, missed tackles/assignments), and multiple players under performing . How is this not a management/coaching issue? I don't blame Gute because he inherited this mess. But it is on him to make the changes necessary to right the ship. I don't think firing McCarthy is the immediate fix, Ifwe get to game 16 and these issues haven't gone away, then I think its the only solution..

21 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Yes he was on the field at the end of the first half of the Lions game playing quarters defense with 20 seconds to go. That was a critical situation. The Lions scored, but not because of Jones. HaHa left his quarter leaving Marvin Jones wide open. I would trade HaHa before trading Jones. 

That would definitely be a good way to start tanking.

Archived