#GDT - #1 Jags Defense vs. #8 Cowboys Defense

DaBoys

I don't think Dak will turn the ball over at all. He knows this is the team. Passing will be below 200 yards unless Linehan forces him to throw deep early. He did against NY. One to Gallop. One to Zeke. One to Austin. He didn't even try last game except a broken down play to Austin. I think Dallas will use a ton of screen passes to Zeke etc...our D will hold...low scoring affair I hope. End of the game result is we lose. Linehan stays. Dak stays. By the 8th game...JG will do something to one of those 2. Either Linehan is let go. or Dak is bench. I think Linehan is gone. 

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Yardage doesnt correlate to losing either goofball. 

Thats what the word correlate means.

I'm just responding to what you post. You speak out of both sides of your mouth. You posted a quote from a QB that said yards don't mean anything because when you are LOSING you pass the ball more.

You posted that. Not me.

I know let’s just use the most reliable always right STAT  - score more points then the other team to do that Dallas has to find a way to limit three and outs or as they like to say stay ahead of the chains.  With this team it is all about mistakes especially early mistakes be it penalties dropped passes failed 3 and short runs and YES interceptions.    Still that will not be enough as they also need to get TD’s no FG once or if they get inside the 10 or even 15 which ultimately I believe and I am sure a lot others too in needing better designed plays in the red zone and near the goal line    Still there are things that people should worry about on offense we have Very few players capable of making some thing happen in the open field   Elliot  and at times Beasley and i know people will totally disagree but also Dak    Austin may have the skill set but coaches aren’t really putting him in the right position to succeed so..,   Yeah its gonna be hard to score TD even if we manage a TD or two

still this will not be enough if they come out and let Jacksonville score TD  early  On D they have to come out ready in all phases be prepared to stop the run without giving up the big pass play  jags have been terrible lately and in  a lot of games on O we have a top D  well now is the time for those two things to come together NO TD allowed in 1st half should be the goal    NO excuses 

last week Lawrence supposible had a “good” day well good for him but if he goes a game and doesn’t get a sack and has no tackles and just 1 assist then I don’t care how well he played he needs to show up better in the box score   Bortles is elusive and our losses on the road included drives situations especially in the first half where we allowed the opposing QB to kill us with his legs don’t let it happen now  

Well, we are the definition of average for the past 30 years so I fully expect us to win and then all of a sudden we are trending up again...only to lose next week. 

I hope we lose 40-7...because it is going to take an embarrassment or 2 to make some in season changes.  

And to think, I legit liked Garrett as HC a few years back and was hopefully S. Jones could turn this mess around. 

1 hour ago, acowboys62 said:

Well, we are the definition of average for the past 30 years so I fully expect us to win and then all of a sudden we are trending up again...only to lose next week. 

I hope we lose 40-7...because it is going to take an embarrassment or 2 to make some in season changes.  

And to think, I legit liked Garrett as HC a few years back and was hopefully S. Jones could turn this mess around. 

Exactly. If were are going to lose and not compete for anything this year (most likely the case), I want to go 4-12 and get blown out during all of our losses.

I want no excuses for JG. No 8-8 season where we lost most our games by 7 points or less. That just feeds Jerry ro believe that a few more bounces our way could have led to playoffs.

We need a disaster season for Jerry to pull the trigger.

David Helman: It would be just like a Jason Garrett team to find a way to win this game. Like I said a few weeks ago, it’s not often you see the Jason Garrett Cowboys fall more than one game below .500. Having said that, it’s not often you run up against a defense with this much talent

Archived