Gameday Thread - Redskins vs. Packers 8/19

MKnight82

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Man, if Foster can play like this every game and Brown can do what he did last year then we could have a very solid ILB tandem.

I personally think that ILB battle is pretty much over. Last night just showed how much better the tandem of Foster and Brown is 

5 minutes ago, BuckleyBoy said:

I personally think that ILB battle is pretty much over. Last night just showed how much better the tandem of Foster and Brown is 

Definitely! Mike23MD said he thought that Foster could play like a pro bowler with a talent like Brown playing next to him, and he may be right!

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Definitely! Mike23MD said he thought that Foster could play like a pro bowler with a talent like Brown playing next to him, and he may be right!

I mean at this point in the year anything is possible. Fosters ability to get downhill combined with the sideline-sideline speed of Brown matches very well.

5 minutes ago, BuckleyBoy said:

I mean at this point in the year anything is possible. Fosters ability to get downhill combined with the sideline-sideline speed of Brown matches very well.

Yep! Good to have you posting BB. I hope you stay active.

—The Redskins’ starting offensive line really needs to stop with this Hogs 2.0 thing they’ve got going on. While they pass blocked fairly well, they have been awful blocking for the run. 

—Kirk Cousins did end up with good numbers (14 of 23 for 144 yards and a touchdown). But if you say that Kirk had a good night, you are using statistics like a drunk uses a lamppost—for support and not for illumination. The three incompletions after being given the ball in the red zone after a turnover were positively alarming, given what an issue the red zone was last year. If this team is going to win this year it’s going to be because Cousins is moving the ball through the air. He needs to play better and he knows it.

—Rob Kelley had nine yards on nine carries but it’s really not right to put the blame on him. See the part about the Hogs 2.0 above. On the fourth-and-1 in Packers territory I think that Samaje Perine might have been able to power for the first down. But the line should have been able to get a little more push to get the ball past the sticks.

—While the focus has been on the offense, the defense played pretty well. Aaron Rodgers did Aaron Rodgers things but he’s the best for a reason. Almost half of the Packers’ 110 rushing yards came from quarterbacks scrambling and that is something you’d like to contain but you can live with. One thing they have not done is get any takeaways and they will have a hard time winning if they don’t start getting the ball.

20 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

Starting offense looked poor as a unit again. this is why i said they need to play more. work out the kinks now not week 1

Yeah, hey needed to play a full quarter vs Bmore. I thought last night was fine with them playing a half but next week they need to play 3 quarters.

Archived