Colts RG Matt Slauson to IR, played with spine injury

Wyld Stallyns

Serious Q, are the IND training staff holding their end up?   

They had Mack return way too soon, reaggravated the hammy.  They somehow let Slauson stay on the field despite the fact he was in a ton of pain, which if it's in the back area, should always at least flag them to check it out.   

Maybe this is a new training staff, but if not then this is also the same staff that let Luck play for 1+ year when he wasn't right with a bad shoulder.   

I feel bad for Slauson, glad he's going to be OK long-term.   And I get that training staffs work for the team first.  But I have to admit, the history here both recently, and with context, isn't great here.  Just wondering if IND fans can shed more light, I'm only looking at this from the outside, don't watch the games closely enough for IND to see what's going on there re: injury management.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Serious Q, are the IND training staff holding their end up?   

They had Mack return way too soon, reaggravated the hammy.  They somehow let Slauson stay on the field despite the fact he was in a ton of pain, which if it's in the back area, should always at least flag them to check it out.   

Maybe this is a new training staff, but if not then this is also the same staff that let Luck play for 1+ year when he wasn't right with a bad shoulder.   

I feel bad for Slauson, glad he's going to be OK long-term.   And I get that training staffs work for the team first.  But I have to admit, the history here both recently, and with context, isn't great here.  Just wondering if IND fans can shed more light, I'm only looking at this from the outside, don't watch the games closely enough for IND to see what's going on there re: injury management.

Also Castonzo returned too early from a hamstring injury and hasn’t played 1 down this season 

The entire strength and conditioning staff was overhauled this year (Former Bills S&C Coach Rusty Smith and his “staff”) but I think the training staff is relatively the same (a radio guy who I listen to on podcasts says the training staff hasn’t had many changes over the years). 

Archived