GDT - WK 6 - "There is only attack, attack, and attack some more"

Hunter2_1

As for a prediction, I believe we will be able to sustain long drives with balanced offense. I also think they will be able to score from nothing. We may contain them for a drive or two, then they'll have a monster break by Kelce or Hill etc, and we're left reeling. Either a fairly comfortable victory for them, or a measured and close victory for us, as we keep them off the field and do just enough. 

Screw it, NE 32 - 30 KC.

Hearing a lot of buzz about Gronk vs Kelce, of course (seriously...what?). Nink's take on it is funny...

"“I would take Gronk. I’ve played against Kelce, and I’ve thrown him around like he’s a little doll. The guy doesn’t want to block. When you’re a tight end and you don’t want to block, you’re not really a tight end."

37 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Hearing a lot of buzz about Gronk vs Kelce, of course (seriously...what?). Nink's take on it is funny...

"“I would take Gronk. I’ve played against Kelce, and I’ve thrown him around like he’s a little doll. The guy doesn’t want to block. When you’re a tight end and you don’t want to block, you’re not really a tight end."

Blocking is D. Harris' job. Harris is a fine red zone receiver when he needs to be. You can't cover both Kelce and Harris.

Let's have a game with no injuries for both teams. Cheers!

This should be a fun game to watch. Chiefs 34, Pats 31.

I'm not saying that I see this here... but I'm getting a little frustrated by people saying that Mahomes what he's doing is impressive for a rookie QB or that he's going to hit a rookie wall. Like he didn't play last year. I know it was one game, but he has two full camps under his belt, one with starting reps. 2 whole preseasons, and a full season of being with the organization. This helps a player's development immensely with getting in the swing of things, getting a schedule, seeing how veterans prepare etc. I'm not saying what Mahomes is doing isn't incredible by any means, guy is putting on an absolute show, but this is frustrating. Probably is carrying over from the all the Ben Simmons stuff this past season tbh. 

Also the Gronk vs. Kelce stuff is funny to me. I saw Kelce drop like 6 balls on MNF vs Denver and he doesn't block. Yeah he can catch the ball and make plays in the open field but he's not the better TE and it's as simple as that. 

This game is going to be incredible to watch and agree with the statements above, hoping for injury free game, a lot of points and a W. 

11 hours ago, Spooky said:

I'm not saying that I see this here... but I'm getting a little frustrated by people saying that Mahomes what he's doing is impressive for a rookie QB or that he's going to hit a rookie wall. Like he didn't play last year. I know it was one game, but he has two full camps under his belt, one with starting reps. 2 whole preseasons, and a full season of being with the organization. This helps a player's development immensely with getting in the swing of things, getting a schedule, seeing how veterans prepare etc. I'm not saying what Mahomes is doing isn't incredible by any means, guy is putting on an absolute show, but this is frustrating. Probably is carrying over from the all the Ben Simmons stuff this past season tbh. 

Mahomes is not a rookie, simple. The media and/or people on social media in general are very simple-minded. Take this SB Nation poll for example...

Poll_1.png

34 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Are you guys ready for K.Hunt and T.Hill and the Chiefs running game?

Probably not, but if there's anyone who can take a strength away from a team...

34 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

KC may just give you a dose of that as you prepare for P.Mahomes. Just think if KC goes for ball control, and TOP to keep Brady off the field.

A fine tactic, but KC are a very explosive O. You'd be veering off the path that has worked very well for you. If I were a KC fan, I'd be wanting Hill and co. to strike early and often, make NE play from behind. We don't lose when we play from in front. I'd want an explosive offense just like 2017. Screw the clock. It's the opposite for us. We want the ball.

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Are you guys ready for K.Hunt and T.Hill and the Chiefs running game? KC may just give you a dose of that as you prepare for P.Mahomes. Just think if KC goes for ball control, and TOP to keep Brady off the field. Oh yeah, it keeps our lousy D off the field too. Hmmmmm

Why cant the Patriots go for a ball control route since, you know, KC's run D isnt great? Heres the thing though, I dont think the Patriots are preping for Pat as much as they are preping to take everything else away and make Pat win. 

Archived