Trades?

cattleman78

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we keep paying guys who aren’t elite as if they are, what do you think out cap will look like?

Word is he’s looking for 9 figures iirc.

Our cap is fine for 3-4 years with all of our major pieces still on rookie deals. This is our window right now to sign guys. I’m not saying give him Mack money but 5 years 90-100 wouldnt be ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Our cap is fine for 3-4 years with all of our major pieces still on rookie deals. This is our window right now to sign guys. I’m not saying give him Mack money but 5 years 90-100 wouldnt be ridiculous. 

Eh, 20 million a year for an edge player who has never had double digit sacks? Playing across from Watt no less?

Im cool.

48 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We have plenty of money to give and not even notice it. Especially once Collins corpse is off our books. He’s very good. Not a top 3 pass rusher but he’s towards the top. Garrett needs a partner. 

Collins will be gone. JC Tretter will probably be gone, because I assume Corbett is his replacement.

44 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, 20 million a year for an edge player who has never had double digit sacks? Playing across from Watt no less?

Im cool.

No way in hell clowney is worth Mack money. I would love to make him a pure 4/3 DE but not if he cost that much money 

11 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

A WR just moved up on the priority list - just due to availability of warm bodies.

.WR Rod Streater done for 2018.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-wr-rod-streater-out-for-season-derrick-willies-undergoes-surgery?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

With Rod Streater certainly heading to IR - here is my short list of phone calls I would be making to search out replacements if I was John Dorsey. In no particular order -

• Rishard Matthews - unless there was something said or implied that this would not be a good fit, get him in here. Give him a "prove it" contract.
  • Dontrelle Inman - how this cat isn't on an NFL roster already is a mystery, but benefits the Browns.
  • Amari Cooper - I would be calling the Oakland GM to inquire what the "real price" is; keeping in mind that Oakland is looking to get a maximum pick out of the Browns.
  • Jeff Janis - yes, he was in camp with drop issues, but he is one hell of a gunner. Could shore up special teams.
  • Devon Cajuste - catching the ball wasn't a problem for Devon. Could we use him as a hybrid TE/WR?
  • Jordan Leslie - preseason star of the Browns camp a year ago - but currently a FA.

Thoughts?

8 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

With Rod Streater certainly heading to IR - here is my short list of phone calls I would be making to search out replacements if I was John Dorsey. In no particular order -

• Rishard Matthews - unless there was something said or implied that this would not be a good fit, get him in here. Give him a "prove it" contract.
  • Dontrelle Inman - how this cat isn't on an NFL roster already is a mystery, but benefits the Browns.
  • Amari Cooper - I would be calling the Oakland GM to inquire what the "real price" is; keeping in mind that Oakland is looking to get a maximum pick out of the Browns.
  • Jeff Janis - yes, he was in camp with drop issues, but he is one hell of a gunner. Could shore up special teams.
  • Devon Cajuste - catching the ball wasn't a problem for Devon. Could we use him as a hybrid TE/WR?
  • Jordan Leslie - preseason star of the Browns camp a year ago - but currently a FA.

Thoughts?

No love for Bryce Treggs I see.

8 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Myself included. Not that I'd even watched a single highlight of him...but after my massive mancrush on Calvin I was just happy to have a receiver.

This year, I'm swooning over Kelvin. Kelvin Harmon. Got damn I hope he declares

From what I have seen, yes, he would look good in a brown and orange uniform.

Archived