Trades?

cattleman78

6 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

How about a trade for a talented, underused guy like Shelton Gibson?

I'm in. We just need athletic bodies who can catch and are willing to learn from coaching. I believe I have seen enough to know Baker Mayfield is the type of QB to make any and all WRs look better. He obviously doesn't care who you are, what round you were drafted or how much money you are making if you can get open he will throw you the ball. On top of that he has proven to have a long leash with his trust and won't bail on your after 1 or 2 mistakes or he would have quit throwing to Antonio Calloway already.

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’d probably throw a 3rd towards Danny Shelton too. We could really use a plug in the middle of our DL.

I'd trade Collins for Shelton straight up if possible

As far as LBs just throwing it out there:

Ryan Anderson - I know he was an edge guy but has the side for an inside guy and isn't playing much for the Skins

Vontaze Burfict - Edgy, instinctive football player who plays hard, makes plays and gets penalties

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’d probably throw a 3rd towards Danny Shelton too. We could really use a plug in the middle of our DL.

Danny Shelton is not what is missing from this team. Danny Shelton was overrated last year and overrated by fans this year just because he is gone. Danny Shelton is playing more snaps with 1 more game and 1 more start than Malcolm Brown and Malcolm Brown has more tackles and QB pressures. They are both run stoppers and Brown is better on his own team. Danny Shelton wasn't even the best run stopper on the team last year either. Jamie Meder was a Top 5 run stopper before going down last year and when he went down on run defense suffered almost a yard more per carry and 20 yards more per game the rest of the way. Browns fans hated him anyway for whatever reason, probably because he was never an upside guy. He was and will never be an athlete but sometimes outworking your opponents and shear determination are more important than ability in football. I'd take 100 Meder's over Jamie Collins any day of the week.

We got a great deal for Danny Shelton especially if we had no plans on keeping him.

If we are to trade for a run stopper I would call the Giants and see what it would take to get Damon Harrison who is far superior to Danny Shelton in every single way. His contract is no huge. He is only 28 and he would still be under contract for 2 more season's after this year. The Giants are in total rebuild mode and would be looking for picks to possible trade up for a QB or rebuild a terrible offensive line and defense.

4 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Danny Shelton is not what is missing from this team. Danny Shelton was overrated last year and overrated by fans this year just because he is gone. Danny Shelton is playing more snaps with 1 more game and 1 more start than Malcolm Brown and Malcolm Brown has more tackles and QB pressures. They are both run stoppers and Brown is better on his own team. Danny Shelton wasn't even the best run stopper on the team last year either. Jamie Meder was a Top 5 run stopper before going down last year and when he went down on run defense suffered almost a yard more per carry and 20 yards more per game the rest of the way. Browns fans hated him anyway for whatever reason, probably because he was never an upside guy. He was and will never be an athlete but sometimes outworking your opponents and shear determination are more important than ability in football. I'd take 100 Meder's over Jamie Collins any day of the week.

We got a great deal for Danny Shelton especially if we had no plans on keeping him.

If we are to trade for a run stopper I would call the Giants and see what it would take to get Damon Harrison who is far superior to Danny Shelton in every single way. His contract is no huge. He is only 28 and he would still be under contract for 2 more season's after this year. The Giants are in total rebuild mode and would be looking for picks to possible trade up for a QB or rebuild a terrible offensive line and defense.

I disagree about Shelton, he was really good last year with us, we just knew we weren't going to pay him the money he wanted, he was really good at what he did and coincidentally Schobert and Kirksey benefitted from it. The problem was, we thought he could replicate what he did with Meder and Coley and that wasn't the case.

Now as far as Snacks Harrison, I am all for it, I'm a big Snacks Fan

40 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Yeah, but if we threw in a 6th could we get Josh Gordon too?

It's gonna take more than that; Josh Gordon is an elite player in his prime. And Bellichek knows we lack a clear #1 WR so will make sure to get a high pick to trade a player of this caliber.

Archived