Trades?

cattleman78

I don’t see a trade happening. You rarely ever see that stuff happen during the NFL season. Hell, it rarely happens in the offseason, if you compare it to NBA and MLB. The is the one thing I like about the MLB and NBA more than the NFL. You see more trades happening in season and out of season. I think that’s why it was so crazy that Dorsey pulled out for trades for Tyrod, Landry, and Randall

16 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Dee Ford, Shaq Lawson

I thought I read somewhere during camp that Ford fell out of favor during camp and was available, he's hot now, they need him more than ever now. As far as Lawson, he may just need his hand in the dirt, but part of me is starting to become concerned about those Clemson d linemen, they haven't really been having the best of success lately. I wouldn't mind a 3-4 guy like Za'Darius Smith as a 4-3 project or Derek Rivers.

Also if we didn't have Hyde I was a huge Tevin Coleman guy

17 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Who is in play off contention and needs a qb?

Jacksonville. Though I highly doubt the Jags would give the Browns a pick for him at this point considering I dont know how much of an upgrade Taylor is over Bortles.

Plus, I think that Tyrods presence in the QB room with Baker while also ensuring the Browns seasons isnt totally screwed if Baker gets hurt is worth more than any mid or late round pick any team would give up for him.

I would actually offer Tyrod a multi year contract after this season. Good backup money. Having a good veteran backup QB who can mentor is very valuable and I would like to see Tyrod stick around for 2-3 years with Baker. But I highly doubt Tyrod is at the point where he wants to throw in the towel on his starting QB chances in his career and would accept a backup role when he knows he can go to a needy team in the offseason with a chance to start.

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Jacksonville. Though I highly doubt the Jags would give the Browns a pick for him at this point considering I dont know how much of an upgrade Taylor is over Bortles.

Plus, I think that Tyrods presence in the QB room with Baker while also ensuring the Browns seasons isnt totally screwed if Baker gets hurt is worth more than any mid or late round pick any team would give up for him.

I would actually offer Tyrod a multi year contract after this season. Good backup money. Having a good veteran backup QB who can mentor is very valuable and I would like to see Tyrod stick around for 2-3 years with Baker. But I highly doubt Tyrod is at the point where he wants to throw in the towel on his starting QB chances in his career and would accept a backup role when he knows he can go to a needy team in the offseason with a chance to start.

Tyrod  To me won’t be worth it for a back up QB. I don’t think he fits the Haley screen and that’s why he struggled.

Just now, buno67 said:

Tyrod  To me won’t be worth it for a back up QB. I don’t think he fits the Haley screen and that’s why he struggled.

I’m not sure what system he does fit in based on what I’ve seen.

If he’s your backup you run read optiona, bootlegs, etc until he gets hurt.  The only way he’s consistently moving the ball down the field is with his legs.

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

That could be it, but either way I would still like a quality veteran backup--no offense to Stanton but if we get rid of Tyrod and Stanton has to start, the seasons over. Thats why since we have so much cap space it would be in our best interest to grab a guy who can actually come into games and win if need be.

Like Josh McCown or Ryan Fitzpatrick.

32 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

That could be it, but either way I would still like a quality veteran backup--no offense to Tyrod but if Tyrod has to start, the season's over. Thats why since we have so much cap space it would be in our best interest to grab a guy who can actually come into games and win if need be.

Fify

These trades were on ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24951743/2018-nfl-midseason-trade-ideas-why-make-sense-teams-bill-barnwell#clejax

cle.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=truejax.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Cleveland QB Tyrod Taylor to Jacksonville

The details: Cleveland Browns trade Taylor to Jacksonville Jaguars for 2019 conditional seventh-round pick.

The Browns don't need Taylor after benching him for Baker Mayfield, and while Taylor would presumably return to the lineup if Mayfield were to get injured, he didn't really seem like a good fit in Hue Jackson's offense, which also has No. 3 QB Drew Stanton. Taylor is likely looking at backup work in free agency in 2019, and the Browns are essentially going to eat the $7 million or so remaining in base salary on his deal.

One place that might make sense for Taylor, though, is Jacksonville. While Blake Bortles struggled badly against the Chiefs in Week 5, I don't think the Jags would be pursuing Taylor as a replacement for their hot-and-cold starter. Bortles is basically priced in as the leader of this offense until 2019. Taylor would fit in as a likely upgrade at backup ahead of Cody Kessler by virtue of his ability to avoid giveaways, although he struggled with the Browns. He also could feature for a few snaps per game as a read-option quarterback to help spring the Jacksonville running game. It's not much for $7 million, but if Bortles gets hurt and the Jaguars are stuck without a viable quarterback, they'll be happy they turned to Taylor.

Jacksonville also might be in the market to add a tackle with Cam Robinson out for the year and Josh Wells struggling with a hamstring injury, but there aren't exactly many teams with extra left tackles laying around. The Eagles would ask for a fortune to deal Halapoulivaati Vaitai, who will likely take over as their eventual replacement for Jason Peters. The Bengals would happily trade Cedric Ogbuehi, who has been inactive all season, but it's not clear whether he's actually anything more than a replacement-level tackle.

cle.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=truene.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Cleveland LB Jamie Collins to New England

The details: Browns trade Collins to New England Patriots for 2019 seventh-round pick.

Speaking of linebackers on unsustainable contracts, Collins' four-year, $50 million pact with the Browns hasn't worked out. He missed 11 games in 2017 with a concussion and a torn MCL, and his role in the defense has been marginalized with Joe Schobert and Christian Kirksey emerging as every-down linebackers. When Schobert and Kirksey are healthy, Collins is the guy usually coming off the field when the Browns go into their sub packages.

The Browns can cut Collins after the year and free up more than $9 million in cap space, which seems likely. In the meantime, they could convert some of the $7.5 million in prorated base salary remaining on Collins' deal into a signing bonus to make his contract more tradable. Let's say they convert $5 million into a bonus to save $2.5 million as part of a trade.

Collins' time in New England didn't end well, but the Patriots need help in their front seven after losing Ja'Whaun Bentley to a torn biceps. A healthy, motivated Collins would be an upgrade on the likes of Kyle Van Noy and free up Dont'a Hightower to take the occasional snap as an edge rusher, a tactic the Patriots used to try to create pressure before Hightower got injured last season. The Patriots wouldn't owe Collins any guaranteed money after the season and would surely ask Collins to renegotiate his deal to stay with the team. Would a one-year reunion make sense for both parties?

I know Jamie Collins hasn't made a big impact this year but throwing him away for a 7th rounder seems extreme to me.

Peace!!!

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not sure what system he does fit in based on what I’ve seen.

If he’s your backup you run read optiona, bootlegs, etc until he gets hurt.  The only way he’s consistently moving the ball down the field is with his legs.

He fits in see open WR throw it. Haley is anticipate WR throw it. Hue’s offense last year was see open WR and throws it. Just Kizer couldn’t hit water if he was throwing into the ocean. Tyrod would have had more success last year with the browns than this year IMO

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

That could be it, but either way I would still like a quality veteran backup--no offense to Stanton but if we get rid of Tyrod and Stanton has to start, the seasons over. Thats why since we have so much cap space it would be in our best interest to grab a guy who can actually come into games and win if need be.

What makes you so unsure Stanton can’t play? Dude was a fine back up for the Cardinals the pst few years and had a winning record when he had to replace Palmer. I don’t care who the back up is, if Baker is lost due to an injury the season will be over anyways. 

Archived