Trades?

cattleman78

We need to trade for WR Chris Conley now...

I've only talked about him as one of my number 1 FA options...

But KC is going to let him walk... but we could use him now...

I'd give up a 5th for him right now as a price to help Baker now and not have to wait until FA...

He has number 1 upside...

Just now, NateDawg said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000981568/article/lions-trade-wide-receiver-golden-tate-to-eagles

3rd rounder. I think he will really help Philly down the stretch. I’m good not paying the price in our situation there. 

His play is still elite...

If we were a little closer to playoff competitive... it's a good trade...

Just now, Mind Character said:

His play is still elite...

If we were a little closer to playoff competitive... it's a good trade...

I agree. Which is why I was surprised the Lions didn’t ride it out with him. He’s such a reliable guy, and the Lions are still in the hunt in the NFC. Despite the fact they wouldn’t likely resign him, they’re sending conflicting statements. They trade for Snacks one week and trade their best WR the next. 

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I'd give up a 5th for him right now as a price to help Baker now and not have to wait until FA...

We play KC this week... I dunno how that would work. I’d welcome any solid WR at this point.

Just now, hornbybrown said:

We are not going to the playoffs this season, so the only moves we make will be a good deal for us with a eye to next season and beyond 

Sorta. We don't want an expiring contract, that is for sure. If we can get someone to help this year really cheap it would be worth it just to get better play. If we can get someone to help this year and at least next year then we have to be willing to make an offer to get better.

No big sacrifices for a rental but we also shouldn't be sellers unless it is someone that offers us nothing going forward this season. Tyrod could fit that description.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Sorta. We don't want an expiring contract, that is for sure. If we can get someone to help this year really cheap it would be worth it just to get better play. If we can get someone to help this year and at least next year then we have to be willing to make an offer to get better.

No big sacrifices for a rental but we also shouldn't be sellers unless it is someone that offers us nothing going forward this season. Tyrod could fit that description.

This.

We have a slew of day 3 picks, trade one for an actual nfl WR.

35 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

why would they trade him for that? he is helping them get to a super bowl

6 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Osemele might be available from oakland for a 4th

he’s been a guard for awhile now but I thought he used to be able to play tackle

Fair to say by now Gruden is open to trading anyone if the price is right (or not right even).

Archived